Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 LastLast

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Patriots

I hope M&T gives Mark Clayton a huge ovation next week. The poor guy's gotta be going through it. Any NFL WR makes that catch and any NFL WR drops one every once in a while. His screw up was just at the exact wrong time. We're gonna need him. And the Ravens are just the kind of team to build muscle from this disappointment.

Blog Entries

Clayton FTMFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bretts View Post
    how in the world can you blame that on Harbaugh. that was a perfect play call, and a perfect pass. that should have been a first down.
    :grbac: In no way am I blaming Harbaugh! It's not his fault we lost. I was just asking out loud why wasn't a TO called? That's all. There's no finger pointing towards him in any way.

I just think that time should have been called. It was a make-or-break moment in the game. What do you have to lose? If you don't convert, game over. I would have called time, get the guys together (cause you know the adrenaline is rushing 1,000 mph) and get them totally focused on what's about to happen on this next play. Get them focused so they can convert or score. If not, it's over. No harm done in calling TO.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

NO MASN postgame show still - Nats/Braves in 13th inning of 1-1 tie & MASN2showing ESPN News - Come on MASN you suck

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Clayton was open, but not wide open...2 guys close enough to hit him after the bobble...he was reaching for the ball to try to catch still and both dragged him down. Not like the guy was looking at a sure TD.
    When the ball hit Clayton in the chest, the closest guy was 2-3 yards away...they were closing, but when you have 2-3 yards of separation, that is wide open in the NFL.

Joe may have thrown a split second too late, but Clayton made his move, stopped, and drifted back...probably unnecessarily but you never know how a minor thing like that may mess up your concentration...and the ball bounced off his chest, while falling back, reached out and then the guy hit him.

That is an easy play in this league...if you are a pro WR, you are expected to make that play with relative ease.

Blog Entries

There is no argument.....Clayton had the ball hit him in the fucking chest without a receiver near him.....he lost the fucking game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    I hope M&T gives Mark Clayton a huge ovation next week. The poor guy's gotta be going through it. Any NFL WR makes that catch and any NFL WR drops one every once in a while. His screw up was just at the exact wrong time. We're gonna need him. And the Ravens are just the kind of team to build muscle from this disappointment.
    I agree.

I could not be more pissed at how this game ended, but if nothing else, it's not like we are going to go out and get someone else.

We need him to not go into a funk as he is going to be an important player for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by caliraven View Post
    Fat fucking chance on that one. He dropped 2 just key plays on that drive.

How greedy we get... Before the season I wouldve been happy with a 3-3 record, 4-2 wouldve been great. We now have a legitimate shot at 5-1 and the lead in the division. Pick your heads up. Can't win them all.

Belichick PC on ESPNNEWS

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Fat fucking chance on that one. He dropped 2 just key plays on that drive.
    That ball before on the fade wasn't a drop. The way that ended, from impending glory to crushing defeat, is hard to take. But, Clayton is a Raven. He's made plays. I'm sure Nobody is more miserable than him that he didn't make that one.

Ray calls the officiating embarassing at his presser. Says Brady was laughing at the roughing calls. He was pissed. Suggs says the Ravens should just play 2 hand touch.

Harbaugh kept his mouth shut to avoid fines.