Red face October Newletter

Newsletter for Sept / Oct .

RAVENS

At 3-0 the Ravens sit on top of the AFC North a game ahead of the Bengals and two ahead on the Steelers. We have the second highest scoring offence in the NFL. A long way to go, but you can’t help thinking, “Is this the year?”

On TV: This week we are live on SKY Sports, at New England with a 6pm kick-off (programme starts 5.30pm). Next week we also feature live on SKY with the home game verses the Bengals (6pm).

UKRavens .
    Here is the latest in the fan profile series. This month it’s our newest member Steve Philips. Nice to have you on board Steve.

Name :Steve Phillips Age :32
    Born / live now : Croydon \ Carshalton
    Significant Others :Wife Sarah and 3 year old Phoebe.
    Pets : Nope.

Been a fan since :November 2007.
    Favourite Ravens Player : Last year it was Jim Leonhard but now it has to be Ed Reed.
    Best Ravens Moment : Being a relatively new Raven, it has to be the Titans game in the play offs last year, the courage and will to win was like nothing I had seen before. Remember waking the Wife up when it finished to tell her all about it but sadly she wasn’t interested.

Other Teams & Sports: Football, Darts and Cricket. Season ticket holder for Carshalton Athletic (four leagues below Conference), relapsed 18 year season ticket holder for Crystal Palace.
    Hobbies : Mostly spent working and entertaining my daughter, but if free like to be at gigs (usually in London but did Glastonbury this year) or down the pub with my mates.
    Food, likes / dislikes : Like Curry/ Dislikes very little but I try and avoid my Mum’s cheese flans.
    Drink, likes : Must be getting old, recently moved onto Real Ales!!!
    Music, likes : I am well into Pete Doherty either solo or with Babyshambles, seen him four or five times this year.

Web-site :
    The problems with the site were resolved in time for the Browns game. We’ve also added to the site with the addition of an Irish flag and a link to WNST. Things spotted by Nestor when he went to the site whilst live on his show.

NFL Wembley 2009

Sunday October 25th Tampa verses New England. This is during the Ravens bye week

Ravens trip in 2009

Ravens 34 - 3 Browns.

Gordon, Niall, Lisa and myself will be travelled to this game, as well as going to the Terps match with Toe. On Friday Gordon, Toe and I went live on Nestor’s show. There is a link to the full interview on the web-site. Among other highlights was a TV interview on Baltimore’s FOX 45 news. It aired on the Sunday evening just prior to the main sports news. Only Ben was awake enough to see it!!!

The last we saw of Niall was him being helped into Greg’s car with Lisa in close attendance. Hope the rest of your trip goes well mate!

GO RAVENS

Re: October Newletter

What a game and what a trip - thanks all who made myself and Lisa feel so welcome - we had an AMAZING trip...

Unfortunately, Dave is correct - I drank waaaay too much and was feeling it after the game. Can't wait for next trip but first I will be attending the game in Wembley, London next Sunday!

Go Ravens and their fantastic fans!:ire::usa::haggis:eng:

Re: October Newletter

I'll do the next newsletter sooner rather than later. We'll have quite a lot to run through time time around. Has Lisa seen her photo on the front page yet?:celery