Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moss back injury?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...alk-on-monday/

Moss: "I couldn't really walk on Monday"
    Posted by Tom Curran on October 1, 2009 12:55 PM ET
    Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss told Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald today that his back hurt so badly against the Atlanta Falcons that, "I got home Sunday and I thought to myself, 'How did you play?' Because I couldn't really walk on Monday."

Moss, who practiced fully on Wednesday and Thursday of last week, appeared on the Patriots injury report last Friday as questionable with a back injury. He didn't give an exact accounting of how the injury occurred, saying it "just slipped out" on him. Still, he was able to catch 10 balls for 116 yards in the New England win.

On Wednesday, it was obvious his back was still bothering him. I observed him in the New England locker room reaching to pick a box out of his locker. The stiff movements indicated a man still in sizable discomfort.

Moss rarely speaks to reporters during the week. And the Patriots under Bill Belichick are exceedingly tight-lipped about injuries.

But Moss took a beating in a Monday column written by Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com that called Moss "an unbelievable dog." Freeman, who analyzed Moss' effort during the game, also wrote, "I'm not buying that Moss was lumbering because he has a bad back." After reading the column Monday, Czar Florio wondered what the root of Moss' apparent lack of urgency was and what impact it might have.

Moss was apparently aware of the criticism because he told Guregian, "I'm used to it. Ain't nothing new for me."

Re: Moss back injury?

I normally would never wish an injury no any player, but in this case if he does have a bad back, maybe someone can land a good hit on him to knock him out of the game. Without Moss and possibly Welker, Brady's passing game will surely be lackly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I normally would never wish an injury no any player, but in this case if he does have a bad back, maybe someone can land a good hit on him to knock him out of the game. Without Moss and possibly Welker, Brady's passing game will surely be lackly.
    Won't even have to hit him. I had a similar back injury.... Long drives by us will hurt him the most, moving loosens it up, staying still kills it.

I wouldn't worry to much about him not playing - he has this same injury last week and had 10 catches and 115 yards - could have had 2 touchdowns and 200 yards if brady didn't overthrow him while he was wide open twice..

Just saying

Moss is quite possibly the greatest wideout to ever play the game. Definitely from an athletic talent perspective and I don't see him sitting out because of a bad back.

That's why it's imperative that we bracket him and keep Brady off balance and feeling the pressure.

I predict this weekend T-Sizzle gets back to 100%.

Welker is what makes that offense really click. He's missed the past 2 games and has been limited in practice this week. If Welker can't go that's really going to hurt them more than Moss being banged up.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Welker is what makes that offense really click. He's missed the past 2 games and has been limited in practice this week. If Welker can't go that's really going to hurt them more than Moss being banged up.
    No doubt.

That's the main reason Brady hasn't truly found his swagger yet.

I would put one of the LBs on him and hit him coming off the line all day long. He will quit if you beat on him, but when into the game may be the best of all times.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Come on fellas this is just one of Belichick's oke dok moves to manipulate game planning.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Come on fellas this is just one of Belichick's oke dok moves to manipulate game planning.
    I don't think Harbaugh will no longer game plan against Moss because of this report. Pretty sure he's smarter than that.

I thought Welker played last week?

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I thought Welker played last week?
    He was a game-time decision and was scratched at the last minute.

He's on my fantasy team so I've gotten mostly squat from him thus far. I hope that continues this week.