1. Favorite game day traditions

Hi gang,
    What are some of your favorite game day traditions. We have season tickets, not a practical thing for our UK fans/friends. We have a bunch of superstitions/traditions in our family.

We have been doing this one since the first preseason game for the Ravens. We have 20 ft flagpole on our front lawn. The Ravens flag goes to the top of the pole on gameday. If they win, it stays up til the next game, if they lose, it comes to half staff until 6pm the next day when we lower it and put it away til the next game. Needless to say, our flag has been flying since the first preseason game against the Redskins.

In 2000, we went undefeated from Oct through the Superbowl. Our flag was sunbleached and tattered by the time the Boys returned home victorious from Tampa Bay. We did add small purple Christmas lights to the flagpole during the Christmas season.

Of course, at the Stadium, everyone has to touch the toe on the statue of Johnny Unitas in front of the stadium. I've gone tailgating w/o having a ticket. I'll walk the gang to the stadium, touch the toe, then head home. It's all for luck.

My dear husband (DH) has a whole slew of "lucky" shirts that he has to wear on Gameday--always topped with his Todd Heap Jersey.

So, do you have any interesting traditions?

Sheila
    Catonsville, MD

2. Re: Favorite game day traditions

oops. forgot the worst story. One Sunday, we lost to the Steelers (shakes fist angrily in the air). Ray was at the game, I was at a Cub Scout function with the rest of the family. When Ray arrived home, the flag was lowered. He thought I did it. I didn't. I arrived home after him. The next day, someone sent us an email from Ravensloseagain@hotmail.com. gloating about lowering the flag and how great the Steelers are. This was during the 2000 season. Who got the last laugh? To this day, we still don't know who did it. Obviously, it was someone we knew cuz they had my personal email address but no one has ever 'fessed up to it.

At our local Home Depot hardware store, they sell housekeys with NFL logos on it. Whenever I go by that key station (which isn't a lot), I always take one Ravens key and put it in front of the row of Steelers keys so the PS keys are not visible. :ww:

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Favorite game day traditions

Well for me my game day experience is completely the opposite.
    Because being an american football fan in this country you might as well
    live in a cave.

Our spare room is where all my Raven banners and items are on display.
    And gameday I usually put on my Raven shorts and jersey of my chosing.
    So far it has been Flacco 3-0.So I am not changing that anytime soon.

I have a little set of snacks and cold beers in the fridge.Then plonk down for NFL Network Gameday morning on the pc via Gamepass HD.Which leads me up to the 6pm games.

The wife usually sits on the sofa watching her tv or she is off mountain biking in the forest while I am plugged into the pc and the NFL for 2pm Gameday 6pm kickoff 9.15pm kickoff late games.To bed
    00.20am.

And sometimes the pussy cat jumps on my lap for 40 winks. Bad idea with the rate the Ravens are scoring TD's,as I jump around with each score.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Re: Favorite game day traditions

AM Bacon butties
    AM Coach rugby
    PM Couple of beers at the rugby club
    PM Roast Beef Sunday dinner / red wine
    Game time !!!