Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Ravens game viewing in Dublin

My daughter is on a semester abroad in Ireland, attending the Dublin Business School w/16 classmates from Mt. St. Mary's University, Emmitsburg, MD. She wears her colors (Ray Lewis Jersey) on Sunday's but can only get the ESPN updates. How frustrating. We tried keeping her hooked up via SKYPE but she couldn't view the TV screen and just heard a lot of us yelling. Her updates are either thru ESPN or IM from us.

Is there any pub in Dublin that shows the game? Is there a website to watch the live feed? We heard of a filter we can purchase so we can watch the game on our tv and she can watch it via internet. Has anyone tried that? Before we spend $150, we would like to know if it has worked for anyone else.

Thanks
    Sheila

PS--GO RAVENS! BEAT CLEVELAND
    -we're season ticket holders so she's really feeling the pain

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: Ravens game viewing in Dublin

We have a few Irish UKRavens.However one is over in Baltimore this weekend.
    I will send an email out asking for help.

Edit. Well I would if I could get into my O2 email account. Hopefully one of them will read it here and
    will be able to help.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

3. Re: Ravens game viewing in Dublin

Thanks!
    Casey spent a lot of time before the Kansas City game trying to get some link to work but all the usual ones were blocked for international modems. Last weekend, she spent the day in Kilarney w/some friends and they watched the All Ireland Gaelic Football match--the closest she could get to football. We did notice a huge green/white Kerry flag over her bed when we SKYPE'd her this week. She arrived back at her apartment in time for the second half of the SD game so we just sent all updates via IM. She's in Galway this weekend but will be back by game time so she's gonna try againg.
    Thanks for the reply. My husband and other daughter just left for mass, then they pick up the tailgate food, more people then start the tail gating. We have 5 season tickets but I have a prior commitment so I'm watching on the television today.
    GO RAVENS
    Sheila
    Catonsville, MD

The only way we can watch the Ravens like Stockers said in the other thread is NFL.com gamepassHD. But be warned the live service hasn't worked for the first 2 weeks and it is expensive.But have caught up with watching the archives.

I have never been to Ireland,so your daughter has a head start on me.
    Hope she does well and enjoys herself watching weird Irish sports.hehe.
    Well at least you can understand what we have to go through. In the early
    days all we had was Armed Forces radio.And some spanish guitar freak who would jump in with a stronger signal when something important was happening
    in a game.

I am still hungry from seeing the college football tailgate food on the pc from lastnight.I know if I lived in the states I'd be a rounder shape.

5. Re: Ravens game viewing in Dublin

We're plenty round. To make you hungrier, here's the menu for today.
    Drinks: Guinness, Harp and Miller Lite (we're still toasting Arthur Guinness & his 250th anniversary around here. No Arthur's Day for us--Arthur's weekend!)

Food: Sandwiches: pit beef, turkey or pulled pork, (w/rolls and condiments)
    potato salad, cole slaw, hot buffalo chicken wings, and hot crab dip poured over soft pretzels.

That's a simple tailgate. Some people go seriously crazy. All I know is that this town is pumped for another Ravens win. I don't care if they beat the pointspread, I just want another win.

Here's our personal family tradition. We have a 20ft flagpole in our front yard. On gameday, we raise the Ravens flag to the top of the flagpole. If they win, it stays up until the next game. If they lose, we lower it to halfstaff, then take it down at 6pm the next day. Needless to say, the flag has been flying since the first preseason game. We're hoping that our flag is sunbleached and tattered by the end of the season-hopefully ending w/a win in MIAMI! We are oh-so-hopeful.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'm off to mass. I won't go as far as praying for a win, that's up the boys on the field, but I can pray for no injuries.
    Sheila:usa:

Quote Originally Posted by mcwheltle View Post

Here's our personal family tradition. We have a 20ft flagpole in our front yard. On gameday, we raise the Ravens flag to the top of the flagpole. If they win, it stays up until the next game. If they lose, we lower it to halfstaff, then take it down at 6pm the next day.
    Yep you got me hungry and all I bought from the store was fruit.Darn.

Anyhow that flag tradition is so cool.As long as its not halfstaff for more than 5 weeks this season I will be happy.

I am getting ready to fire up NFL Gameday on NFL Network and that will slide me into live Cleveland @ Baltimore game action at 6pm GMT.That's if NFL Gamepass actually works this week.Otherwise there may be mushroom clouds
    popping out from my ears at 6pm.

Here's to another Ravens victory.And add some hurt to the Dawgs season.

7. Re: Ravens game viewing in Dublin

Great game on Sunday. Hope all our visitors from the UK had a great time. My DH didn't have time to go wandering since he was tailgating on the opposite side of the stadium.

Skype'd our DD on Monday. While in line at registration for Dublin Business School she was chatting w/a guy in line. They chatted about football and she found a sports bar in Dublin that's showing the Patriots game on Sunday. We have a schedule w/lots of night games (ugh) so she will miss them since they will start at 1am your time.

thanks for all the help.
    Sheila

Good to hear that your daughter can watch the Patroits game.It could be the changing of the guard. Can the Ravens finally show that they can beat that elite team,even if its not the elite team we are all used to seeing?

I think we have to tear everything up we know about the Ravens.This is a completely new beast being rolled out before our eyes in 09.One I don't think we have ever seen,the early days with Vinny maybe. But the offensive diversity now is staggering.

I know one thing I would not like to be an opposing defensive coordinator.I would be having sleepless nights.

The UKRAvens are back and have had a successful trip, on WNST with Nestor.And infront of a TV camera at the tailgate.

UKRaven our president has always been about building our name across the pond.I think it is finally taking shape with strong ties and contacts with our wonderful friends in Baltimore.:respect

Skype'd our DD on Monday. While in line at registration for Dublin Business School she was chatting w/a guy in line. They chatted about football and she found a sports bar in Dublin that's showing the Patriots game on Sunday. We have a schedule w/lots of night games (ugh) so she will miss them since they will start at 1am your time.

thanks for all the help.
    Sheila
    The Pats game is live SKY Sports, which is probably where the Dublin feed is from, with a 6pm Eire start. Next week they are showing the Ravens / Bengals game with the same start. :ww:

If you bleed Purple you get up for the 1&2am starts !!!!

There are a couple of popular places to watch NFL games in the city centre:

Buskers Bar, Fleet Street in Temple Bar have a smaller bar that faces out towards the street that used to be packed with NFL fans come Sunday so that's worth a look plus Sinnotts on King Street South (beside St Stephens Green shopping centre) have a HUGE screen and will put whatever game Sky are showing on.

To watch all Ravens games we but NFL Gamepass HD. To follow one team for the regular season it works out at $209.99 but once you have a decent internet connection you can watch the game in perfect quaility. They had a few teething problems the first couple of weeks this year but they've sorted them out now.

:ww:

11. Re: Ravens game viewing in Dublin

Thanks for all the updates. I'm gonna forward the specific bar info to her for her information. She mentioned the bar name and it wasn't one listed. I can't believe that I am intentionally sending her into a bar/pub at 19. She has been wearing her Ray Lewis jersey on game days so she'll wear her jersey to the bar as well.

They don't even have a tv in her apartment. Last year she rarely watched tv at college anyway with the exception of Ravens, The Office and Lost--her fav shows. Off to a bar, I'll send her.

She arrives home on Dec 19th and already has claimed a ticket to the Dec 20th game. She did go with us to the Redskins preseason game. She left shortly after that.

I just saw a tshirt sold at our local convenience store, 7-Eleven. It's a purple shirt with a gold Superman logo but it has a 5 on it instead of an S and the back of the shirt reads Superfan. I'm gonna mail that to her. It won't arrive til after this game but we're all Flacco fans...and Rice fans...and Ngata...and Lewis..and HEEEAAAAPPPPP. Better stop before I list the whole roster and then start on Harbaugh....Cameron.... Stop me!

I can't believe that I am intentionally sending her into a bar/pub at 19.
    Well the legal drinking age over there is 18, and most Brits and Irish start frequenting pubs when they're about 15, so she's actually behind the curve!