Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ray may be giving up Pro-Bowl spot to Scott

At least according to Mike Preston:

http://blogs.baltimoresun.com/sports...art_scott.html
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ray may be giving up Pro-Bowl spot to Scott

Is he allowed to do that? If you decide not to go, you can just nominate a buddy to go in your place? I thought it would be the next in number of votes who would go, or was that person already Scott?

NFL Network has confirmed that Bart Scott will take Ray Lewis' place on the 2007 Pro Bowl Roster due to a thumb injury.

Is he allowed to do that? If you decide not to go, you can just nominate a buddy to go in your place? I thought it would be the next in number of votes who would go, or was that person already Scott?
    He didn't nominate his buddy, Scott was the next alternate. If either Zach Thomas or Ray Lewis didn't go Bart would go.

I wonder if this isn't a gift from Ray to Bart.

This shows how unselfish Ray Lewis is.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Somewhat unselfish of Ray but still self serving.

What if they had initially named Ray to the Pro-Bowl and Scott as a 1st alternate, does he give it up then?

I've had beefs with the way Ray conducted himself in the past, but this move is 100% class. Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

What if they had initially named Ray to the Pro-Bowl and Scott as a 1st alternate, does he give it up then?
    First of all, what does your question have to do with anything, and second, what makes you think he wouldn't? How would that situation be different from the one he's in right now?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

god how quickly they question Rays Motives. Take it for what it is as i believe an unselfish act of a class future Hall Of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post

I agree, Ray Lewis only plays football for Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis played football this year to make the Pro Bowl. Ray Lewis played his ass of this year for personal recognition. Ray Lewis is a selfish bastard. I am going to burn my Ray Lewis jersey after another of Ray's disgusting displays of self-serving acts.

You didn't have to post Dave, we knew what you were going to say before you even pressed submit.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

two to ray for this one. both players were deserving of the honor and it's nice to see ray give it up to a teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    I agree, Ray Lewis only plays football for Ray Lewis. Ray Lewis played football this year to make the Pro Bowl. Ray Lewis played his ass of this year for personal recognition. Ray Lewis is a selfish bastard. I am going to burn my Ray Lewis jersey after another of Ray's disgusting displays of self-serving acts.

You didn't have to post Dave, we knew what you were going to say before you even pressed submit.

PP

Guys the fact is Ray has the biggest ego on the team.

There's just about a 0% chance his only motive was to let his team mate get recognition...but he's smart and knows how to play to the media and the fans.

I'm sure its like this:

He's hurt, but not enough to not play, just enough to not FEEL like playing. He found out that if he doesn't play, Scott can go. Scott is a fan favorite. Voila.