Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Offensive Juggernaut

I never thought I'd ever post a title like that ....

Was just listening the The Junkies on Podcast and they quoted a stat that was either posted on NFLN or ESPN. They spent a decent amount of time not only breaking down the Ravens, but taking fan calls.

Since week seven of last season, the Ravens have the 2nd highest point total in the NFL.

I have tried to find a link but cannot seem to find anything.

If accurate, that is absolutely insane!

Re: Ravens Offensive Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I never thought I'd ever post a title like that ....

Was just listening the The Junkies on Podcast and they quoted a stat that was either posted on NFLN or ESPN. They spent a decent amount of time not only breaking down the Ravens, but taking fan calls.

Since week seven of last season, the Ravens have the 2nd highest point total in the NFL.

I have tried to find a link but cannot seem to find anything.

If accurate, that is absolutely insane!
    The one caveat is some of those points last year came from the defense. This year the defense has accounted for pretty much no points and it has all been the offense.

26.6 in their last 16 games. Adds up to 4th if you go by last years leaders for the season.

I expect 30 more Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    I expect 30 more Sunday.
    I'm gonna do you one better and say I expect 40+.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

I wrote an article on what we've done offensively so far, which can be read here.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I wrote an article on what we've done offensively so far, which can be read here.

- C -
    Great article... I've always feared the ravens developing a great offense. Strictly because most great offenses score quick and then they send a tired defense right back out on the field. The way this offense is controlling the clock, eating up first downs, and efficiently getting the most out of red zone trips is amazing to me. This could be a phenomenal season. Let's hope we dispatch the clowns with no injuries and stay on track to win the division.

That was a very good article and somewhat eye opening. I think it has been strictly amazing the kind of production our offense has had in the red zone. I am not sure and maybe you can elaborate on it a little bit but we are scoring tds in the red zone at a staggering percentage. I would be happy with anywhere between 60% - 70%. Is this to much to wish for?

Quote Originally Posted by the duke View Post
    That was a very good article and somewhat eye opening. I think it has been strictly amazing the kind of production our offense has had in the red zone. I am not sure and maybe you can elaborate on it a little bit but we are scoring tds in the red zone at a staggering percentage. I would be happy with anywhere between 60% - 70%. Is this to much to wish for?
    Maybe, maybe not, but keep in mind that in terms of red zone production, we're dealing with a sample size issue. We haven't had nearly enough red zone possessions to say we're a 50%, 60%, 90% or whatever offense in the red zone.

- C -

www.oblongspheroid.com

PS - Thanks guys.

www.oblongspheroid.com

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The Ravens offense went from the 18th century to the 23rd century in a heartbeat. A 2nd year QB running that many different plays already.Are you kidding me.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

10. Re: Ravens Offensive Juggernaut

34 points again for the ravens, almost 350 yards for flacco. i guess next week will be a better test of how good this O can truly be this year. how nice is it to be excited when we get the ball back, finally????

It's nice to have a philosophy that its more important to score than to eat up the clock. Sure let the defense rest with long drives, but we need some explosive plays as well.

Expect even more love this week given the good fantasy production.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    It's nice to have a philosophy that its more important to score than to eat up the clock. Sure let the defense rest with long drives, but we need some explosive plays as well.

Expect even more love this week given the good fantasy production.
    The thing is though... we're not terribly explosive. Mason's catch not withstanding, we only have a couple of plays over 30 yards. This team does eat up the clock, but they're also incredibly efficient at converting 3rd down and moving the ball through the air or the ground. The only offense I've ever seen like it was in Madden.

We're getting the best of all possible offenses... We grind teams down with a power running game. We can air it out as well as anyone not named Drew Brees. We eat up minutes like its no big thing. And we punch it into the endzone more often than not once we get into the redzone.

You find me a more balanced team and I'll eat your hat.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis