Ravens Trip to Pittsburgh & Oakland

No threads yet, so I was seeing if anyone has plans to go to either place.

I will definitely be doing Pittsburgh, and fair chance I'll do Oakland as well.

Has anyone else done Oakland before? Is the Black hole really that bad?

I've done Pittsburgh, and tickets will be readily available being the holidays. I've got about 4 other guys interested in going, so we'll see if we can get together a group and get a big tailgate going.

Wink Re: Ravens Trip to Pittsburgh & Oakland

I'm 50/50 on going to Oakland. I'll be in Colorado for Christmas, and will hop to Oakland if I can get a cheap flight on Jan 1st or 2nd. I've reset my Ding notifications for Denver and all three Bay area airports. Two of us; hopefully Ravenous52 will come up the coast and MikeK & spouse will come down the coast to join us. Stay tuned.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

3. Re: Ravens Trip to Pittsburgh & Oakland

Hey guys. I've never personally done an 'away game'. I'd like to take my Dad to the Pittsburgh game for his birthday. Any tips? Going with a group and tailgating would be cool too. Keep me updated. I'm checking ebay and stubhub for tickets. Any other websites that you guys could share would be nice. Thanks alot. Looking forward to this one. :D

Re: Ravens Trip to Pittsburgh & Oakland

I'm looking into Oakland too. Tickets will probably be cheap. The only thing is it's new years weekend so flights and hotels could be pricey. Already have a trip lined up for G.B.

Wink Re: Ravens Trip to Pittsburgh & Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS70 View Post
    I'd like to take my Dad to the Pittsburgh game for his birthday. Any tips?
    Tips?

• If you own PSLs, request (in writing) player turnback tickets from the Ticket Office. We have scored face value Pitt tickets this way in the past. (Caution: you'd be in end zone aluminum bleacher seats).
    • Even though it's a 3 hour or so drive, consider spending the night in downtown Pittsburgh - it's cheaper than most NFL cities and lively bars abound.
    • Drink Iron City, pronounce it "Stillers", say "yinz", don't bathe, and you & Dad would fit right in.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).