Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Steelers vs. Bengals -- a turning tide?

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    So what's wrong with New Orleans and the Giants?
    They play in the NFC and we only have to worry about one of them maybe in the SB.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'm not so sure laying out judgement on the Bengals is the right thing to do just yet.

Certainly their history lends to being the Bungles, but they do have some talent on that roster.
    Wouldn't shock me in the least to see them take out Pittsburgh.

Their receiving corp isn't the big physical type we faced against San Diego, but they can do some damage as evidenced against Green Bay.
    The Bungles definitely have talent on their roster, probably more talent than they have had in years.

Two solid CB's, an above average defensive line, solid QB when healthy, three deep threat WR's, a decent RB.

Their main problem will be o-line. They will decide this up coming Stealer game. If the Stealers d-line brings their A game, it's gonna be a long day for Carson. If they can keep Carson up right however, it's gonna be a long day for the Stealers.

Although, the Stealers can't run the ball, and the Bengals will get pressure on Ben. How will the Stealers score is what I keep asking myself. I don't see a high scoring game if the Stealers can get to Carson, it could come down to a kick in the 4th quarter.

History isn't on the Bungles side, they haven't beaten the Stealers at home since 2001!

3. Re: Steelers vs. Bengals -- a turning tide?

I'll give the Bungles credit but let's be honest the Packers aren't a good football team. They looked like the same 6-10 team from 2008 with an awful defense.

Didn't they lose a nailbiter in week one at home?

It's odd how opinions swing week to week.

But I will say that they could certainly get the Steelers this week and if they do then I'll take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    What does it mean if the Bengals beat the Steelers this weekend something along the line of 24-10?
    That Worthlessburger once again did not deliver for me in fantasy football.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The Steelers know how to win and the Bengals......NOT SO MUCH.

They could certainly pull off an upset this week but unless the Super Bowl champs loss a player a week, I just don't see the Bengals overtaking them in the final standings. At least not this year.

The Steelers still have Big Ben and Ward..both warriers and the D is as good as any.

I would love to see the upset but even if it does, the Steelers will finish ahead of the Bengals.

As much as I'd like to see it, I learned a long, long time ago to never discount the Steelers.....
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

This is an interesting matchup indeed, Bengals will be no doubt fired up, biggest game for them in a while. They remember Hines hit on their rookie Lb last year too. Tough call on who wins, but i think the Steelers, but not by much, there Oline isn't very good and the Bengal defense got better last season. The Bengals can always rise up when you least expect, ie last year against Philly and NYG. Paalalalamuuuu's backup might not play this week either, but might go. Hmnnn. Steelers by 3 somehow, but it wont be easy.

8. Re: Steelers vs. Bengals -- a turning tide?

Yeah if the Bungles do win I think we party!! I hope keith rivers hits hines 3 times harder then last years hit. You don't need to do much to make him cry either way. Lol.

I think the Bengals could be a concern this year as well.. but I still think we, and Pittsburgh, match up very well with them.

They can't run it on us, and it's not like their receivers are like San Diego. Sure Ocho Cinco might make our corners "kiss the baby" but I don't foresee problems with Coles, and Henry has given us fits before--but I wouldnt call him a physical WR.

With our offense, I still think we should take 2 from the Bengals. But I wouldnt be surprised to see them win some big games at home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    I think the Bengals could be a concern this year as well.. but I still think we, and Pittsburgh, match up very well with them.

They can't run it on us, and it's not like their receivers are like San Diego. Sure Ocho Cinco might make our corners "kiss the baby" but I don't foresee problems with Coles, and Henry has given us fits before--but I wouldnt call him a physical WR.

With our offense, I still think we should take 2 from the Bengals. But I wouldnt be surprised to see them win some big games at home this year.

Agreed....but please please please...NO More "Kiss The Baby" references!
    The guy is an idiot and stupifying our youth!!! LOL

I am not reading a lot of Steeler-anxiety stuff today. I know it is only one game and only week 3 but this is the defending Super Bowl team.

The press has been surprisingly quiet on this one. C'mon give me some Steeler-hate.