Thread: Samari???

Samari???

Any new updates on Samari? Does he come back in 4 weeks or is he done? I personally hopes he returns but I just wonder how much is left.

Re: Samari???

No inside information at all, but gut feeling...he is done.

Somebody called into Cunninghams show today and inquired to Mike Preston about this very same subject.

Take it for what it's worth, I'm just passing on what he said...

Preston said he talked to Samari last week and asked him about how he was recovering, etc.
    Said that Samari wasn't coming back unless he felt absolutely sure within himself that he was OK to play.
    Wasn't comfortable with letting the doctors make that determination again as apparently he had some complications from coming back too soon last year.

Doesn't really answer the question but certainly gives you an idea where his head is at.
    Doesn't sound real promising to me.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Thanks...I hadn't heard anything but I figured as much.

I think we seriously need to make a trade for a decent back-up corner. Should Washigton or Foxworth go down for any length of time, we are in bad hands (pun intended) with Walker. While I do give him credit for a big play on Sunday, I just don't think he can carry the load to be a starter for 4 or 5 weeks.

I know its only 2 games but it appears that corner is our weak link in the D. Especially if a starter goes down. Hopefully I am wrong.

Blog Entries

I don't think he's eligible to come back until week 6, and then we have about 3 weeks to make a decision...

Reed had advised him earlier that if he's not 100%, don't risk it with a neck injury. Sounds more and more like he'll tell them team to put him on IR and that'll likely be it for him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

He is a possibly roster move/ CB insurance, but doesn't sound promising so far.

Lets look at it from a different perspective... salary cap.
    In a sense, we can say that we hid $3mil on the books for next year in an 11yr vet with questionable future availibility.
    Salary is high enough that if he really wants to (and can) play, a door is open.
    If not we can IR him and have the possibility of an injury settlement to free up some $$ this year if needed. If not then next year that $$ is available.

It was a chance (and still is a slim one) that he would help this year. If not it was a classy thank you and some advantageous salary cap manipulation to tie up a decent chunk of change for a short term.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old