Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast
  1. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    you and me both. im exhausted.
    Feel like I've ran a marathon.

But I'm buzzing. On Thursday I make my first ever trip to Baltimore for my first live Ravens game on Sunday. It's finally sinking in....

Anyone who sees a Ravens fan with a Scotland flag next Sunday - come and say Hey!

:haggis

2. Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chargers

his recent posts have been somewhat one-note, let's say.

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chargers

At 2-0, this team can only continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    fucking ray lewis.

You're the 2nd person to say that. What's the problem? I'm hoping you mean that in a good way, cause seriously... what's there to complain about him today?

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I agree with pyite, while it's nice to bask in the win...Our D was beat bad by the Chiefs 2nd string QB and TORCHED by SD today. SD is a good team, but there were a TON of injuries that should've led to us being able to manage a decent showing. I could live with giving up 300 total yards to Chargers. but 450+??? No, this was BAD defense, with smart Ravens D sprinkled in when we really needed it.

Our secondary is scaring the shit outa me!!
    They got some pressure on Rivers but not the crushing pain I was expecting considering their depleted line.
    This ain't SB play!

That's true, to some extent. Hell, had Rice not bobbled that little reverse pass we might have had 6 and not sweated the final 5 minutes.

To put a somewhat positive spin on things - there is NO FREAKING WAY another QB is going to put up 420 yards through the air again this season against the defense. Unless it is Peyton Manning, in which case I redact my statement. Even then, I think the CBs match up much better against timing route speed runners than the big WRs of the Chargers.

I don't know how to feel about it, today. All I know is they sucked ass today, but probably won't suck ass quite as bad in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens45 View Post
    You're the 2nd person to say that. What's the problem? I'm hoping you mean that in a good way, cause seriously... what's there to complain about him today?
    Kind of a "fuckin A, Ray's the man". Not a fuck Ray comment.

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    I think everyone is just saying that b/c they can't believe how good he is sometimes.
    lol, Yeah I'd have to agree. Ray's what, 34 years old? He's still playing and acting like he did 6 or 7 years ago.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..." (Romans 1:16)

Blog Entries

we're armchair fans...we love when this team wins, but we also come at it from the coach perspective.

Think about this...S.D. won it last min against the Raiders last week. We win it last minute against the Chargers this week. What does that say about us playing Raiders later this year? Especially when the Raiders D managed to shut down KC this week?

This is why we worry. The Ravens O has given up 700 yards in 2 WEEKS! This team once only gave up a little over 1000 yards in a SEASON!

You can be happy with this performance if you trust our offense to win shootouts like NO. But we are not that type of O, and it showed when they tried to close out the game and were stuffed over and over.

If you disagree, just say "I don't think there's anything wrong"...don't come out and try to smack down someone speaking their mind about their concerns. He's not doing it blindly or stupidly.

Blog Entries

I'm not going to say I told you so. But this game was indicative of the problems I've been talking about since the last game. I appreciate there was a matchup problem with their WRs, but you have to be able to cope with all aspects of the game.

Now that we've given up the yards everyone is so concerned about, as well as the points, I hope people will appreciate that this is something of an issue.

This was a game, on the west coast, against a very good team that is a very bad matchup for the Ravens defense. We still went in, dictated the pace of the game and led the majority of the way. We faltered down the stretch and needed a super-human effort to close it out, but the Ravens did it.

I hope Samari is available week 6. This team needs to find a way to stop small fast RB's and Big Strong WR's.

Frank Walker gets a small apology from me. Heap appears to be making me eat my words happily. Keep going guys.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    we're armchair fans...we love when this team wins, but we also come at it from the coach perspective.

Think about this...S.D. won it last min against the Raiders last week. We win it last minute against the Chargers this week. What does that say about us playing Raiders later this year? Especially when the Raiders D managed to shut down KC this week?

This is why we worry. The Ravens O has given up 700 yards in 2 WEEKS! This team once only gave up a little over 1000 yards in a SEASON!

You can be happy with this performance if you trust our offense to win shootouts like NO. But we are not that type of O, and it showed when they tried to close out the game and were stuffed over and over.

If you disagree, just say "I don't think there's anything wrong"...don't come out and try to smack down someone speaking their mind about their concerns. He's not doing it blindly or stupidly.
    Obviously no one is happy about the performance aside from the win. But lets fact check a bit - they have given up about 650-700 yds in 2 weeks. Fine. Your 1000 yards a season stat is BS - they did that once, in RUSHING yards. That would mean opponents only had 63 YPG, total. A little bit of a stretch.

Do we need to get our shit together with the secondary and pass rush? Yep. But make sure your facts make sense.

PS: The transitive property of wins means absolutely freaking nothing. Shutting down KC doesn't really mean anything to us. When you say things like this it just makes you sound silly.