Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pete Prisco's IGNORANCE

Well heres one expert who at least understands the Ravens a little. Peter King write:

The Ravens, with new defensive coordinator Greg Mattison changing little from predecessor Rex Ryan's take-no-prisoners schemes, had a good, but misleading opener. Kansas City put up 24 points, but there was a blocked punt for touchdown, a Joe Flacco interception preceding a six-yard touchdown drive, a 55-yard drive to a field goal, and an 80-yard touchdown drive. For the game, the Chiefs had the ball for 20 minutes and gained 188 yards. Typical Baltimore defensive day.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0RTtMYIV8
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well heres one expert who at least understands the Ravens a little. Peter King write:
    He actually watched the game, thanks PK!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Didn't someone post his initial reaction to the game and how he couldn't believe how the Ravens D gave up so many points and then show how he changed his tune?

Pretty sure he was in with the other "experts" who watch less football than half the people on this board.

PP

Edit: Here is the thread

http://profootball24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41614

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Didn't someone post his initial reaction to the game and how he couldn't believe how the Ravens D gave up so many points and then show how he changed his tune?

Pretty sure he was in with the other "experts" who watch less football than half the people on this board.

PP

Edit: Here is the thread

http://profootball24x7.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41614
    Well, give him credit - he actually looked at the stats and then changed his tune. A lot more than we can say for some of the journalists out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Well, give him credit - he actually looked at the stats and then changed his tune. A lot more than we can say for some of the journalists out there.
    I guess so.

Pretty sad when that's the best we can say about them though.

PP

Yeah give PK a little credit. He went back and corrected himself. You wont see that from any of the idiots over on ESPN.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    I guess so.

Pretty sad when that's the best we can say about them though.

PP
    I'm very curious how much football these guys actually get to watch. They seem to constantly be either writing articles or interviewing players/coaches or doing radio/tv interviews themselves. How much time does that leave to actually watch the games?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Agreed! That is my whole point!! When you don't take the time to actually watch enough of the highlights to get a feel for the game, look over the stats, drive charts etc....I can go over the drive charts quick enough to see how drives were put together.

These guys are getting PAID for what they do....how many of us would love to have the type of job that PAID us to watch the NFL.

I didn't say they don't actually watch. I don't have a clue whether they do or how much they do...I'd like to find that out.

I think if it were my job, I'd probably be watching the 8-game channel (or sitting in a studio where you can watch each game on a different screen) and try to see as much of each game as I could.

Of course, I pretty much do that now (other than watching Ravens exclusively when they're on)...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid