Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 22232425 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Ravens/Chiefs - Season opener!

We were all thinking the same thing.

500 yards of offense...I think that is a record.

While I don't agree at all with the playcalling, this type of output...38 points with practically no short fields and 500 yards is impressive.

Ray Rice with the first 100 yard game of the year too. Very nice.

Game over, we win.

Things clear:
    1) We have an offense. Flacco once he settles, is DEFINITELY capable of being a big time QB. Rice is a sweet runner, and the 3 backs we have can keep it going all game long.
    2) The gameplan will need to be adjusted next week. On both sides. More runs will need to be mixed in, and we will need to cover better and blitz better, or Rivers will pick us apart.
    3) No matter how shitty the team is - we are 1-0, and 1-0 in the AFC. And that's all that really matters. We know they won't overlook the Chargers.

Blog Entries

I just don't like Joe being asked to throw that much. He had a number of errant throws (at people's feet, above their heads) that were very concerning, and whilst he put up good numbers in the end, it's still the Chiefs...

Blog Entries

Id like to have seen Rice get that last TD at the end...he earned IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    I just don't like Joe being asked to throw that much. He had a number of errant throws (at people's feet, above their heads) that were very concerning, and whilst he put up good numbers in the end, it's still the Chiefs...
    Well, and I'm not as concerned about that as where was Demetrius Williams today? Mason was bottled up which teams have learned how to do. That throw to Mason near the endzone that he dropped because of coverage should have been thrown to Williams who could have jumped up.

Its wierd they got 300 yards passing because watching from the stands I don't remember how they got it all.

Sephy is correct though, a win is a win and we are 1-0. I'd rather be that and looking to SD rather than hoping to be 1-1 after next week.

Yeah Joe should be perfect and throw every ball Right where it should be every single throw.

He is not allowed to throw bad passes...ever.

How about the times where he hit the receiver in the hands and they dropped it? Add that up too now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Yeah Joe should be perfect and throw every ball Right where it should be every single throw.

He is not allowed to throw bad passes...ever.

How about the times where he hit the receiver in the hands and they dropped it? Add that up too now.
    Jesus christ, no need to be such an ass about an opinion. It doesn't make sense to me to put Joe in that position, especially when the run was working so well and at the time he was misfiring.

Sheesh.

Jesus christ, no need to be such an ass about an opinion. It doesn't make sense to me to put Joe in that position, especially when the run was working so well and at the time he was misfiring.

Sheesh.
    96 QB rating.

Joe Flacco is not just a good QB who you want to "not get you in trouble" he is on his way to being a great QB who can win you games with his arm....like he did today.

This is a new era, the Joe Flacco era and you can forget about the offense you have see the past 10 years. Open it up and let a great QB sling it.

He is not going to get any better handing the ball off. He has a weapon in his right arm and we need to use it.

Now when we are up by 2 TD's late it might be a little different,but we were not today. We needed every one of those pasing yards and Joe delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    96 QB rating.

Joe Flacco is not just a good QB who you want to "not get you in trouble" he is on his way to being a great QB who can win you games with his arm....like he did today.

This is a new era, the Joe Flacco era and you can forget about the offense you have see the past 10 years. Open it up and let a great QB sling it.

He is not going to get any better handing the ball off. He has a weapon in his right arm and we need to use it.

Now when we are up by 2 TD's late it might be a little different,but we were not today. We needed every one of those pasing yards and Joe delivered.
    Let's also not forget this was the KC Chiefs. If you think for a minute that he will do this against the Steelers or even the Chargers, you are going to be very disappointed next week.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Let's also not forget this was the KC Chiefs. If you think for a minute that he will do this against the Steelers or even the Chargers, you are going to be very disappointed next week.
    As always Sting I hope your wrong. Joe is still a young QB and wil make mistakes and have bad games here and there but right now he looks to be in pro bowl form. IMO he will have another impressive game against a better D next.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller