Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

The Titans DC is absolutely clueless. The Steelers moved the ball at will in the 4th quarter and OT, and he changes NOTHING. No blitzes, no extra players, just terrible zone coverage.

The Titans get decent pressure from the front 4 - but the Steelers OL is terrible. Their secondary is abysmal.

The Steelers can't run the ball. If Polamalu is out for any extended period - they are screwed defensively. The secondary is quite weak otherwise. They're lucky that they seem to have a horseshoe up their ass.

Quite frankly, as composed - neither of these teams scare me right now. That's not to say they can't improve - but I feel better about the Ravens chances now than I did before this game.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Chuck Cecil is the DC for Tenn and I have no idea what he was doing.

PP
    Cecil was known for his thunderous tackling and aggressive style during his time as a safety for the Packers (1988-1992), Cardinals (1993) and Oilers (1995), and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl and garnered All-Madden status in 1992 when he recorded four interceptions and 102 tackles on the season. In 95 career games he totaled 400 tackles and 16 interceptions.

Cecil is regarded as among the most vicious hitters in National Football League history. Chuck Cecil was featured on the October 11, 1993 issue of Sports Illustrated with the question: "Is Chuck Cecil Too Vicious for the NFL?"[7] Many photos taken of Cecil during games showed him with a bloodied nose.

During much of his career, Cecil was forced to wear a "Gazoo Helmet"; a helmet so named because it resembled the head of The Great Gazoo, a recurring character in The Flintstones animated series. The "Gazoo helmet" is actually a thick padding that fits on a helmet's shell to reduce the risk of receiving a concussion and reducing the risk of injury to opponents due to helmet-first hits, for which Chuck Cecil was fined numerous times. Despite the additional protection, recurring concussions forced Chuck Cecil into retirement.
    Does not sound like a guy who drops back 8 INTO COVERAGE like a pussy for an entire half while the other team just picks them apart with all the time on the world to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Does not sound like a guy who drops back 8 INTO COVERAGE like a pussy for an entire half while the other team just picks them apart with all the time on the world to throw.
    Maybe he led with his helmet one too many times.

Tennessee left points on the field and didn't take advantage of getting some calls in the first half.

We've seen what happens time and time again when you do that vs Pittsburgh.

PP

4. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    They were stuffing the run so badly the Steelers gave up on even trying.

The 4 man rush would have worked if they just played some bump and run behind it.

I counted 1 blitz down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    They were stuffing the run so badly the Steelers gave up on even trying.

The 4 man rush would have worked if they just played some bump and run behind it.

I counted 1 blitz down the stretch.
    And what happened on that ONE blitz?

They flushed Jen and got in his face and forced him to dump the ball incomplete.

6. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

I still like how the Titans matched up and how we also should if we still have the DL and DB depth.

The Titans have a lot of good D players, but I would only see 31, 33, 53 and 93 getting starting pt on this D. I really think our back up DL is comparable to the starting one that dominated the Steeler front but wore down in the 4th.

Horrible game plan from Tennessee in the 2nd half. We WILL beat Pitt this year, probably twice. Our 4 man rush will be far better than the Titan's, not to mention our blitz packages. Pitt's line is worse than last year, and Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.

Post game, Ben just said that the game was "Baltimore-esque" physically. He ain't seen nothin' yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Horrible game plan from Tennessee in the 2nd half. We WILL beat Pitt this year, probably twice. Our 4 man rush will be far better than the Titan's, not to mention our blitz packages. Pitt's line is worse than last year, and Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.

Post game, Ben just said that the game was "Baltimore-esque" physically. He ain't seen nothin' yet.
    If we can get anything out of Kruger, you are 100% right Ben ain't seen nothin yet. How scary would that be, a five man rush of Kruger, Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, and Suggs?

WHY THE F ARE WE PLAYING THEM SO LATE IN THE SEASON! I want to whoop their asses this month. We are definitely going to beat them barring any major injuries.

Sucks that the Queerlers pulled it out. Kind of puts us in a bad spot since they got the Titans and we got the Colts. Makes beating Peyton and company (which we haven't done since like Clinton was President) all that much more important. And to make matters worse, Pitt gets Miami and we get New England, yeah that's fair

...Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.
    I have not seen anything yet that makes me believe that Ben CANNOT make a miracle happen every week. Let's take the purple shades off, here, guys, and recognize that this guy is Extremely tough to beat, anywhere, anytime - period! The Ravens are going to have to be on their A+ game to beat the Stillers twice this coming season.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Big Ben is an extremely annoying opponent not because he's particularly accurate or strong but because he stays up in the backfield so long it's only a matter of time before someone gets open. One of the plays that irritates me the most is when Ben drops back, sees no one open, runs around like a ballerina, then finds the TE wide open because he's not blocking anymore.

The way the Titans played defense really reminded me of the our own defense when we were always killed in the end of the game because of our prevent defense (cf. Ravens-Pats). I really hope Mattison changes things, otherwise it means we can't play with a lead

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I have not seen anything yet that makes me believe that Ben CANNOT make a miracle happen every week. Let's take the purple shades off, here, guys, and recognize that this guy is Extremely tough to beat, anywhere, anytime - period! The Ravens are going to have to be on their A+ game to beat the Stillers twice this coming season.
    Purple shades or not, I think everyone can agree that Ben is pretty damn good. But one of these days that golden, diamond studded horseshoe is going to come dislodged from his a$$. While all of the inbreds are celebrating today, I think alot of other teams and fans are realizing that their might be too many holes in the Steeler dike for Ben to plug with his fat fingers this year.

13. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Purple shades or not, I think everyone can agree that Ben is pretty damn good. But one of these days that golden, diamond studded horseshoe is going to come dislodged from his a$$. While all of the inbreds are celebrating today, I think alot of other teams and fans are realizing that their might be too many holes in the Steeler dike for Ben to plug with his fat fingers this year.
    well said. he has had a lot of practice with the fat fingers according to the word on the street though.

The Stillers won the SB last year with a great D, and Ben. Based on last night's performance, nothing seems to have changed, at least for this year.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

15. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

The D goes from great to just good without Troy P patrolling the entire turf.

Even while he was out there making every play the Titans were able to move the ball on the ground and air, protect the Qb and move the chains. They failed to finish the 1st 2 drives, but they were driving a lot early and often.

I did not like the adjustments at all, but the inititial gameplan should have given the Titans a 10-0 lead.

I do not think the Steeers look as dangerous and complete as the Giants did before they lost Plax or NE in 2007 or the Ravens in 2006 and right now.