Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

"The Pittsburgh Steelers. Playing like shit and winning anyway since 2004.":grbac:

It's going to be tough to win this division.

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mjones73 View Post
    You'll be able to find him blowing Jen and Hines in the locker room...
    Dont forget about Troy.

He has already made the Pro Bowl after a quarter and a half of play this year, can't leave him out.

They needed to dial at blitz or at least play some press coverage if they drop 7.

Great game. Both teams looked good, but nice and beatable by the Ravens.

:T2:

Chuck Cecil is the DC for Tenn and I have no idea what he was doing.

PP

Blog Entries

Collinsworth is a faaah-king douche! I'm sure he's warming up his kneepads so he can service the Stool's after the game!

The Titans DC is absolutely clueless. The Steelers moved the ball at will in the 4th quarter and OT, and he changes NOTHING. No blitzes, no extra players, just terrible zone coverage.

The Titans get decent pressure from the front 4 - but the Steelers OL is terrible. Their secondary is abysmal.

The Steelers can't run the ball. If Polamalu is out for any extended period - they are screwed defensively. The secondary is quite weak otherwise. They're lucky that they seem to have a horseshoe up their ass.

Quite frankly, as composed - neither of these teams scare me right now. That's not to say they can't improve - but I feel better about the Ravens chances now than I did before this game.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

PP

Appeared to me he went to the Marvin Lewis school of prevent which did just that.

Watching that game and seeing their place kicker screw up makes me nervous.

Not too sure Haushka is ready for that yet, which is what itr will probably come down to when we play them.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post

PP
    Cecil was known for his thunderous tackling and aggressive style during his time as a safety for the Packers (1988-1992), Cardinals (1993) and Oilers (1995), and earned a trip to the Pro Bowl and garnered All-Madden status in 1992 when he recorded four interceptions and 102 tackles on the season. In 95 career games he totaled 400 tackles and 16 interceptions.

Cecil is regarded as among the most vicious hitters in National Football League history. Chuck Cecil was featured on the October 11, 1993 issue of Sports Illustrated with the question: "Is Chuck Cecil Too Vicious for the NFL?"[7] Many photos taken of Cecil during games showed him with a bloodied nose.

During much of his career, Cecil was forced to wear a "Gazoo Helmet"; a helmet so named because it resembled the head of The Great Gazoo, a recurring character in The Flintstones animated series. The "Gazoo helmet" is actually a thick padding that fits on a helmet's shell to reduce the risk of receiving a concussion and reducing the risk of injury to opponents due to helmet-first hits, for which Chuck Cecil was fined numerous times. Despite the additional protection, recurring concussions forced Chuck Cecil into retirement.
    Does not sound like a guy who drops back 8 INTO COVERAGE like a pussy for an entire half while the other team just picks them apart with all the time on the world to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Does not sound like a guy who drops back 8 INTO COVERAGE like a pussy for an entire half while the other team just picks them apart with all the time on the world to throw.
    Maybe he led with his helmet one too many times.

Tennessee left points on the field and didn't take advantage of getting some calls in the first half.

We've seen what happens time and time again when you do that vs Pittsburgh.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    They were stuffing the run so badly the Steelers gave up on even trying.

The 4 man rush would have worked if they just played some bump and run behind it.

I counted 1 blitz down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    They were stuffing the run so badly the Steelers gave up on even trying.

The 4 man rush would have worked if they just played some bump and run behind it.

I counted 1 blitz down the stretch.
    And what happened on that ONE blitz?

They flushed Jen and got in his face and forced him to dump the ball incomplete.

I still like how the Titans matched up and how we also should if we still have the DL and DB depth.

The Titans have a lot of good D players, but I would only see 31, 33, 53 and 93 getting starting pt on this D. I really think our back up DL is comparable to the starting one that dominated the Steeler front but wore down in the 4th.