Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Horrible game plan from Tennessee in the 2nd half. We WILL beat Pitt this year, probably twice. Our 4 man rush will be far better than the Titan's, not to mention our blitz packages. Pitt's line is worse than last year, and Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.

Post game, Ben just said that the game was "Baltimore-esque" physically. He ain't seen nothin' yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Horrible game plan from Tennessee in the 2nd half. We WILL beat Pitt this year, probably twice. Our 4 man rush will be far better than the Titan's, not to mention our blitz packages. Pitt's line is worse than last year, and Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.

Post game, Ben just said that the game was "Baltimore-esque" physically. He ain't seen nothin' yet.
    If we can get anything out of Kruger, you are 100% right Ben ain't seen nothin yet. How scary would that be, a five man rush of Kruger, Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, and Suggs?

WHY THE F ARE WE PLAYING THEM SO LATE IN THE SEASON! I want to whoop their asses this month. We are definitely going to beat them barring any major injuries.

Sucks that the Queerlers pulled it out. Kind of puts us in a bad spot since they got the Titans and we got the Colts. Makes beating Peyton and company (which we haven't done since like Clinton was President) all that much more important. And to make matters worse, Pitt gets Miami and we get New England, yeah that's fair

...Ben cannot make miracles happen every week.
    I have not seen anything yet that makes me believe that Ben CANNOT make a miracle happen every week. Let's take the purple shades off, here, guys, and recognize that this guy is Extremely tough to beat, anywhere, anytime - period! The Ravens are going to have to be on their A+ game to beat the Stillers twice this coming season.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Big Ben is an extremely annoying opponent not because he's particularly accurate or strong but because he stays up in the backfield so long it's only a matter of time before someone gets open. One of the plays that irritates me the most is when Ben drops back, sees no one open, runs around like a ballerina, then finds the TE wide open because he's not blocking anymore.

The way the Titans played defense really reminded me of the our own defense when we were always killed in the end of the game because of our prevent defense (cf. Ravens-Pats). I really hope Mattison changes things, otherwise it means we can't play with a lead

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    I have not seen anything yet that makes me believe that Ben CANNOT make a miracle happen every week. Let's take the purple shades off, here, guys, and recognize that this guy is Extremely tough to beat, anywhere, anytime - period! The Ravens are going to have to be on their A+ game to beat the Stillers twice this coming season.
    Purple shades or not, I think everyone can agree that Ben is pretty damn good. But one of these days that golden, diamond studded horseshoe is going to come dislodged from his a$$. While all of the inbreds are celebrating today, I think alot of other teams and fans are realizing that their might be too many holes in the Steeler dike for Ben to plug with his fat fingers this year.

Purple shades or not, I think everyone can agree that Ben is pretty damn good. But one of these days that golden, diamond studded horseshoe is going to come dislodged from his a$$. While all of the inbreds are celebrating today, I think alot of other teams and fans are realizing that their might be too many holes in the Steeler dike for Ben to plug with his fat fingers this year.
    well said. he has had a lot of practice with the fat fingers according to the word on the street though.

:T2:

The Stillers won the SB last year with a great D, and Ben. Based on last night's performance, nothing seems to have changed, at least for this year.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

The D goes from great to just good without Troy P patrolling the entire turf.

Even while he was out there making every play the Titans were able to move the ball on the ground and air, protect the Qb and move the chains. They failed to finish the 1st 2 drives, but they were driving a lot early and often.

I did not like the adjustments at all, but the inititial gameplan should have given the Titans a 10-0 lead.

I do not think the Steeers look as dangerous and complete as the Giants did before they lost Plax or NE in 2007 or the Ravens in 2006 and right now.

True; but Troy will be back within 6 weeks. During that time the Steelers have, what I consider, 3 gimmes - bungals,lions,clowns) - and 3 reasonably tough opponents -chargers(H),bears,vikings(H). The Steelers should be able to handle all of these opponents without Troy P. And Ben makes this team dangerous all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    True; but Troy will be back within 6 weeks. During that time the Steelers have, what I consider, 3 gimmes - bungals,lions,clowns) - and 3 reasonably tough opponents -chargers(H),bears,vikings(H). The Steelers should be able to handle all of these opponents without Troy P. And Ben makes this team dangerous all of the time.
    I would be suprised if they go 6-0 through that. 4-2 or 5-1 maybe, but Troy makes a huge difference. Go back and look at the last time he missed games.

They showed me less than nothing in the run game, and although they once again found a way to come out on top, it really looked like the Titans were the better team to me.

The Titans were definitely the better team last night, imo. However, the Titans don't seem to know how to win critical contests, as evidenced by last year's loss to the Ravens in the playoffs. The Stillers, and specifically, Ben, know how to win, period, and because of that I can't see them losing any of those six teams. They had the toughest schedule last year and only suffered 4 losses; in fact, they should've beaten both the G-men and the Dolts, two of their four losses.