Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast
  1. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

okay, i am hoping i hear this wrong, but somebody please let me know if this was actually said on espn:

"wow, ben roethlisberger with a huge game. there is no way i can see that guy not being in the MVP race. he is truly one of the elite quarterbacks in this league...his pump fake is so impressive and realistic and can move any defense..."

was i watching the same game as this douche???

Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    The Titans were definitely the better team last night, imo. However, the Titans don't seem to know how to win critical contests, as evidenced by last year's loss to the Ravens in the playoffs. The Stillers, and specifically, Ben, know how to win, period, and because of that I can't see them losing any of those six teams. They had the toughest schedule last year and only suffered 4 losses; in fact, they should've beaten both the G-men and the Dolts, two of their four losses.
    They had a lot of close wins that could have gone the other way too.

I agree they are very good, but mostly because they are just so tough and clutch, not because they are dominant. I like our matchups a lot when healthy and can see SD and maybe one of the other teams knocking them off, getting up by 2 scores in the 4th so Ben can not pull another rabbit out of his backside.

:T2:

Speaking of ESPN quotes, did anyone hear Collingsworth state that he saw Hines Ward KNOCK out Reed in one of the Ravens games last year? I know I'm getting hard of hearing, but I thought I heard that stated towards the end of last night's game.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Speaking of ESPN quotes, did anyone hear Collingsworth state that he saw Hines Ward KNOCK out Reed in one of the Ravens games last year? I know I'm getting hard of hearing, but I thought I heard that stated towards the end of last night's game.
    Yes he said that and along with it he said that Ed Reed was looking right at Ward when he did it. Like Ward has ever hit anyone when they are looking at him...
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Yeah I heard it. As he was fellating Ward about how "mad" he was in laying blocks after the fumble. I'm sure he was talking about the debacle in Shittsburgh from 2007 that got Bart the Mouth talking about bounties.

The way Cris C. went on and on about Troy P last night, coupled with that statement, could one infer that he is promoting Troy P above Ed Reed in the all-safety category? Or is it just an anti-Ravens thing? I know, I should not speculate about such things, conspiracy theorist that I am.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

7. Re: Official Inbreds vs Honky Tonks Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    Yes he said that and along with it he said that Ed Reed was looking right at Ward when he did it. Like Ward has ever hit anyone when they are looking at him...
    yeah, he said ed reed was looking him in the eyes or some shit. i about threw something at the TV when i heard him say that.

The way Cris C. went on and on about Troy P last night, coupled with that statement, could one infer that he is promoting Troy P above Ed Reed in the all-safety category? Or is it just an anti-Ravens thing? I know, I should not speculate about such things, conspiracy theorist that I am.
    No it was a "I know that the Stealers have one of the largest fanbases and every one is watching,so let me get on my knees whenever possible so I appeal to the masses" attitude.

No different than a politician.

Polamalu is great WHEN he is on the field, but far too often he is not out there. It does not matter because he could play in 2 games and get all the Pro Bowl and media fawning over him anyway, and be put in the same breathe as Reed who destroys the Hair if you compare their careers.

Full game grading and short game report up on profootballfocus.com. Our small band are aiming to get every week one game up prior to any week two games (six day week for me).

Look out for our grading of the Ravens Chiefs game to go up (hopefully) by the end of Friday. We won't get every game done every week still this season unfortunately but we'll work to get as damned close as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Full game grading and short game report up on profootballfocus.com. Our small band are aiming to get every week one game up prior to any week two games (six day week for me).

Look out for our grading of the Ravens Chiefs game to go up (hopefully) by the end of Friday. We won't get every game done every week still this season unfortunately but we'll work to get as damned close as possible.
    Holy Shit look at those Oline grades!

Good stuff keep it up.

Blog Entries

If we can generate and interior passrush this year I like us getting up in the Hamburglar's grill. And like I was saying at the end of last season, maybe this time our passrushers can break down use body control and grasp him, not run past like a headless chicken because they lost balance in anticipation of the big hit.

Also, if you're strong at the point of attack, the Steelers O-line can't runblock for shit. 38 year old Kevin Mawae was plain beating Hampton into position.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Also, if you're strong at the point of attack, the Steelers O-line can't runblock for shit. 38 year old Kevin Mawae was plain beating Hampton into position.
    Huh? I don't see what one statement has to do with the other, but I did notice the lack of a running game the Stoolers had, though not for lack of trying.