ESPN Page 2 ranks the 80 Super Bowl Partcipants

here is the column from espn.com where they rank all 80 super bowl teams. for the record, the 2000 Ravens came in at #29 and our opponents from that game, the Giants, get no love and come in at #78. interesting note from the article that i didn't know is that the 2000 Ravens actually gave up 33 FEWER points than the fabled '85 Bears, who most pundits rate as the best defense ever. anyway, enjoy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...rankings/80-61

Re: ESPN Page 2 ranks the 80 Super Bowl Partcipants

Wow, 3 losers ranked in front of our SB XXXV champs (#28 - 83 Deadskins, #23 - 01 Rams, #19 - 78 Cowboys). I' take the 2000 Ravens versus any of those teams & also the 85 Bears, ranked #2. or for that matter, I'd take that team versus anyone ranked ahead if us.

Interestingly, the 71 Colts are ranked at #51, behind 11 SB losers, including themselves from 68, ranked #36. That Colts team is ranked ahead of the team that beat them, the 68 Jets, who are ranked at #49.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

we got more love from this list than we did from the "america's game" fan countdown where the fan voting has the 2000 Ravens at #33. too bad, i would have loved to have seen one of those "america's game" specials on the 2000 team but i think they are only producing specials for the top 20 teams.

I believe they produced an America's Game episode for all 40 SB winners. They are only airing the top 20 on tv. The rest are available to buy, i think.

As for our ranking, I wish we coulda played a better team that night in Tampa. I'm convinced that on that night, with that team, that year, we'd have beaten anyone. Joe Montana, Elway, even Unitas, we'd have killed 'em all.

LOL at the '83 Foreskins ranked ahead of the Ravens Super Bowl team. As impressive as they were in the regular season, they lost that Super Bowl 38-9! I guess actual performance in the Super Bowl was a secondary consideration when compiling this list.

But what the hell, these types of lists are usually ridiculous but often fun.

(And how about the Colts team that lost to the Jets getting rated ahead of the Jets?)

we all know that the Colts loss to the Jets was an accident. back then the AFL was still a different league and the SB was sort of an exhibition. I give the Jets props for having a good team and a great coach, but if they'd played 10 times the Colts woulda won 8.
    I agree that the 2000 Giants weren't that good, but they played their sched and won in the playoffs and deserved to be there.

but if they'd played 10 times the Colts woulda won 8.

Thats is a silly statement. This is football, not baseball or basketball. Ain't no series. Its single elimination, any given sunday, bring your best or go home.

The idea of 8 out of 10 is silly.

for instance, it won't matter if 8 out of 10 times the Indianapolis Colts would beat the Chicago Bears if, in SuperBowl XLI, the Bears win. Because they'll be the winners. Thats the way the sport is played, THANK GOD