Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OT- Cal Carried Away

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    People, people. We are missing the true trajedy of the Ruth statue here. The Babe, like most great Americans, was a southpaw. The sculptor was unaware of this and the damn thing has the glove on the wrong hand. An insult to us lefties everywhere.
    I thought I read that Babe had to use a right-handed glove in those days because they didn't make many left-handed gloves or he couldn't afford one.

Re: OT- Cal Carried Away

I think the Babe Ruth statue is kind of lame too. I don't think anyone outside of Baltimore associates him with this city. If Ray Lewis was born in Pittsburgh do you think they'd build a statue in front of Heinz Field?
    And you shouldnt think that Ray Lewis would have a statue in Pittsburgh. No one should ever think that. I love Ray but he can never match the fame and accomplishments of Ruth. Its like Losac said, Ruth is an american Icon.

He changed the game and learned to play in Baltimore. I guess some people are proud of that.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--