OK.. How about some Non-Expert predictions for the Ravens 2009. Here's mine.

- The passing game will be better this season for the following reasons:
a) Flacco has a season under his belt. The first 5 games last year was basically his pre-season with the first unit. He's established and seems ready to hit his mid-season form from Week 1.

b) An improved O-Line which leads to...

c) The RB's and TE's being used as receivers rather than blockers. Game 3 of the pre-season showed how effective Ray Rice can be as a checkdown guy and Heap seems to be back.

d) This should keep the safeties honest and allow the WR to have a bit more room to operate.

- Ray Rice is poised to be the next Brian Westbrook. I'm not sure he'll be all the way there this year, but look out next. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1600 - 1800 total yards for Rice this year though.

- The Defense may be as good and perhaps better than last year, but not do as well in the overall Defense rankings. I base this on the fact the Offense may be putting up bigger numbers this year (although we had a good run in the middle of last season) and teams will be forced to pass against us more.

- Given I expect us to score more and therefore more teams to have to pass against us, I suspect Suggs to have a huge year.

- Ngata will go to his first Pro Bowl.

- Our return teams will continue to be middle of the pack as will our coverage teams. Our punter will be top notch and FG kicker will be fine.

- I see 10 wins miniumum this year. 3-1 against the AFC West, 3-1 wins against the NFC North. 4 wins over the Bengals and Browns. What will determine our post season seating is the 4 games against the Steelers, Pats and Colts. (The Chargers and Viking games are both winable in my mind, but I was looking at minimum games to win)

Of course all this assumes injuries that can be dealt with.