Thread: OT Bama VT game

OT Bama VT game

Great F ing game. It is not just the practice NFL football that makes this game seem extra intense. They are playing some foot ball out there.

It seem like the announcers and the crowd is all pro Bama. Both Ds are playing prett great but they keep croning on about how dominant the Bama D has been and how big a game it is for the ACC.

The best ACC teams can beat anyone. This is a great matchup.

Looking forward to the Terps at least covering the spread and representing vs Cal. Go ACC.

:T2:

Re: OT Bama VT game

Both defenses were playing great?

You do realize Alabama put up 498 yards of offense, right? VT managed 155. Alabama's QB threw for 230 yards in his first college start while VT's QB threw for 91.

Alabama made a few mental errors or that game would have been a 45-7 drubbing.

The SEC is without a doubt the best conference in D1 from top to bottom. The ACC is what we schedule for easy opening victories.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

It's not just that though. VaTech gets MAD media love all pre-season and then they suck on offense and are mediocre on defense. The Vick kids have all the media guys suckin' this school off and they're rated about 15 spots too high every year. I don't get it, but this isn't surprising at all...they'll be horrible on offense yet again this year and finish up maybe ranked and maybe not.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

I think the shooting at VTech has made them media darlings myself.

Sympathetic Underdogs and such.

Go Alabama! I love any team that beats VT

That was a very good game. Bama rolled over them at the end, but VT did not look as bad as a lot of teams are going to against them.

I have decompressed finally after another typical VT lost against a better team. Most of the time you do lose to a superior team, but sometimes, if you are well coached, you can beat a more talented team. In VT's case (1-26 against Top 5 teams), they will never win these games b/c their staff are not capable of outcoaching anyone (Beamer and the O Coordinator, Stinespring). I'll save my diatribe since this is a Ravens board, but simply put, I will be a very happy Hokie the day Beamer retires! He is a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I have decompressed finally after another typical VT lost against a better team. Most of the time you do lose to a superior team, but sometimes, if you are well coached, you can beat a more talented team. In VT's case (1-26 against Top 5 teams), they will never win these games b/c their staff are not capable of outcoaching anyone (Beamer and the O Coordinator, Stinespring). I'll save my diatribe since this is a Ravens board, but simply put, I will be a very happy Hokie the day Beamer retires! He is a fraud.
    What? Who do you want Al Groh, Butch Davis? Winning like VT has been doing is not easy. I would trady you the Fridge and everything he has eaten over the last 5 years for the last 5 years of Beamer ball at UMD.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    ...I will be a very happy Hokie the day Beamer retires! He is a fraud.
    That is completely absurd! VT is very fortunate to have Beamer, and his coaching staff (with the possible exception of the O-coordinator) on their payroll. They are the reason the Hokies are competitive year-in, and year-out. They've won the ACC the last two years in a row, so give the guy a break, not to mention having won the Big East a couple of times when they belonged to that conference. No, Beamer is an excellent coach! My son (a VT alumn) is also constantly whining about their inability to win the 'big' one, and I constantly remind him that it is because of Beamer that they are even in a position to play for the 'big' one. Oh, and btw, that Bama team is pretty damn physical, with a running back who could probably play in the NFL right now.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    That was a very good game. Bama rolled over them at the end, but VT did not look as bad as a lot of teams are going to against them.
    I agree 100% with this assessment - VT hung in there and played even with them, until Bama's size and physicality finally just wore them down. I thought the game was very good, and I'm very impressed with Williams, VT's freshman running back.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton