Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to go after the game?

Where is a good place to go after the game to watch the 4:00 games and grab some food and drinks? Is ESPNZone impossible to get into at that time?

Re: Where to go after the game?

If I stay near the stadium after the game I like to go to McGerk's and get a cheese steak. It's usually not too crowded by the time I get there, and lot's of tv's everywhere.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

I usually go to a corner bar in Sou. Balto. Beer is cheap and its a friendly envirnoment. Fort Charles Pub is a nice little hangout as well as others on Fort Ave. in Locust Point. I would suggest that you try a few and see what fits you best. If you wager, there are many bars in the city that take bets so there is plenty of rooting for all teams.

Timbercreek/Hemingways in Perry Hall is good to they offer discounts if you bring your ticket stub in after the game ( Going north on Bel Air Rd towards Kingsville on the left!!! opposite Gunpowder state park!!!

If you like overpriced everything, go to ESPNzone.

If not, walk over the Federal Hill and you can choose for a bunch of places with better, cheaper food and most places have the ticket.

PP

Wink Re: Where to go after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    If you like overpriced everything, go to ESPNzone.

If not, walk over the Federal Hill and you can choose for a bunch of places with better, cheaper food and most places have the ticket.

PP

ESPN Grill isn't in the same league with the nearby Federal Hill pubs for reasonably priced and quickly accessible post-game partying. Most of of them should be loaded with post-game Ravens fans. Here's the link to a Federal Hill bar guide.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by pyite32 View Post
    If I stay near the stadium after the game I like to go to McGerk's and get a cheese steak. It's usually not too crowded by the time I get there, and lot's of tv's everywhere.
    Mcgerk's has awesome food, especially their cheesesteaks, but I'm always annoyed sitting there knowing it's an Eagles bar...

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Mcgerk's has awesome food, especially their cheesesteaks, but I'm always annoyed sitting there knowing it's an Eagles bar...
    :girlfight

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Better than a Steelers bar. Really the Eagles don't bother me too much and anywhere you go in Baltimore is full of Ravens fans.

I like Mother's too but that get's way too crowded.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

10. Re: Where to go after the game?

If you want a place that's really close, go to the backyard bash!
    It's right at the stadium outside gate D. They got a big tent, a live band,
    and big screen tv showing a late game. They sell beers too but of course
    are stadium priced. I hangout there after the game waiting for the lots
    to clear out.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I am partial to Fells Point.

Yes, it's a little bit further away from Fed Hill. However, you get a much more easy going crowd as compared to the popped collar, frat boy style Fed Hill seems to draw.

Stay away from ESPN Zone unless you enjoy paying $14.00 for a burger that's mediocre at best.

Wink Re: Where to go after the game?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I am partial to Fells Point.

Yes, it's a little bit further away from Fed Hill.
    I agree that Fells Point is great, but how is he going to manage watching his 4 pm games? Postgame traffic is a complete bitch, Light Rail runs north/south only, and Fells Point is a 2+ mile walk from the Stadium, compared to Fed Hill's few blocks walk, or - closer yet - 1996's suggestion of the (expensive) Backyard Bash. He'd be lucky to catch the 4th Q.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).