Willie Anderson (Via Twitter)

Via Aaron Wilson

RT@WillAnderson79 Just had to inform Raven's coaching staff and manangement that for now I'm staying retired.
    RT@WillAnderson79 They've been in talks with me since May about coming back. I wanted to come back too!
    RT@WillAnderson79 Not saying that down the line if they need I won't come back. I know I can play 3 more years so who knows what may happen
    I was hoping he would come back. We need the OT Depth

Re: Willie Anderson (Via Twitter)

I was always sort of holding out some hope J.O.'s big toe would be good to go for one more Sb run.

:T2:

If they've been talking to Willie since May, then they are very unsettled with Cousins.

I don't blame them.

I posted the same in the "Final 53 Roster" thread.

I think its almost a lock that we bring in a backup OT to play in front of Cousins.

If they would bring back Willie, expect it to be during Week 2. The Ravens would not be obligated to pay him a full season then.

Wouldn't it be better to bring in a roster cut from another team that is cheaper and less likely to get injured? I'm sure there are capable backups out there that won't have room on their current teams roster.

Quote Originally Posted by BArellano View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to bring in a roster cut from another team that is cheaper and less likely to get injured? I'm sure there are capable backups out there that won't have room on their current teams roster.
    Plus and minus on both sides. You noted the plus. Big Willie knows our system already so he's more easy to insert directly into the lineup if need be.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

This has nothing to do with Cousins it has to do with Terry going down for the year. A player you had a big role for goes down like that you need to replace him.

Cousins is still developing, prior to being drafted he only played Oline for 1 1/2 years and a lot of it was on the right side not left where he has been playing this preseason. The main thing when we drafted him he was lacking was physical development, he was a little "light in the pants" as they say and he needs to get stronger in the weight room.

The Ravens thought he might be able to be a swing guy with the ability to play both sides but I don't see a future for him at LT the way he has looked so far.

It just sucks Terry went down like that, and the unbalanced line went down with him along with the depth in case of injury.

We definitely need another tackle because while we have 3 in Gaither Oher and Cousins I have not seen a 4th guy this year at least on this roster. Itys going to be tough to pick someone up to because a LOT of teams are looking for tackle depth right now.