Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bucs fire OC Jagodzinski

Ok, WTF is going on in the NFL...First KC, now Tampa Bay have both fired their OCs BEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON EVEN STARTED!

Jagodzinski is being replaced by their QB coach, Olsen.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Bucs fire OC Jagodzinski

It's getting rough out there.

Wow, dude was the head coach of BC and got them to the ACC Championship 2 yrs in a row (losing to my Hokies both times ). Decided that he wanted to interview with the Bucs, but BC threatened to fire him if he went on the interview. Jags, goes on the interview, BC fires him, gets the Bucs job, and now he gets fired again. Normally, I would feel sorry for someone like that, but Jags was one cocky SOB, at least at BC.

ouch. well he should still bounce back. He is/ was a very good college coach.

:T2:

5. Re: Bucs fire OC Jagodzinski

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Wow, dude was the head coach of BC and got them to the ACC Championship 2 yrs in a row (losing to my Hokies both times ). Decided that he wanted to interview with the Bucs, but BC threatened to fire him if he went on the interview. Jags, goes on the interview, BC fires him, gets the Bucs job, and now he gets fired again. Normally, I would feel sorry for someone like that, but Jags was one cocky SOB, at least at BC.
    yeah, but he's a great offensive mind and helped matty ice get to where he is today (or at least had a good bit to do with it). i'll always remember him jumping up and hugging ryan when he threw that last minute TD to beat us in lane. we managed to get revenge at the right time though...

I know there are a lot of people really high on Raheem Morris and all as a super-sleeper coach the way Harbaugh was. But that organization is run so badly it's hard for me to imagine the guy can succeed.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I know there are a lot of people really high on Raheem Morris and all as a super-sleeper coach the way Harbaugh was. But that organization is run so badly it's hard for me to imagine the guy can succeed.

- C -
    Are the Bucs still with a few dollars of the salary cap minimum, or did they pay a few players that I missed?

I think Gruden is an escape artist. He exits Oakland, beats them in the SB, and avoids the subsequent sh*tstorm that follows. Now he manages to get out of Tampa (and into the MNF booth) moments before the Glazers run that boat aground. John Gruden has the best magic-8-ball in the NFL.

Doesn't he have ties to Holmgren and Childress in the NFL based on time in Green Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Yea, I don't feel bad for Jags...the guy basically went behind the college's back thinking he was great enough to get the job in Tampa. Karma's a bitch, because now he's without a job.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

11. Re: Bucs fire OC Jagodzinski

I thought that was absolutely rotten of the BC people to fire him just for going to a job interview. Of course, it was good of them to warn him that it was their intention to do so if he went, and then I suppose they needed to do it once he went anyway. Now that he's been fired yet again, I wonder what he did this time.

12. Re: Bucs fire OC Jagodzinski

Quote Originally Posted by myfavoriteboxer View Post
    I thought that was absolutely rotten of the BC people to fire him just for going to a job interview. Of course, it was good of them to warn him that it was their intention to do so if he went, and then I suppose they needed to do it once he went anyway. Now that he's been fired yet again, I wonder what he did this time.
    it's in the contract. it sucks, but he signed it. i think they should have been better to him because their program is better off with him at the helm, but he's gonna be searching now at the wrong time.