Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Nobama, coming to a classroom near you!

463 and Trap. I'm ashamed to be your fellow countryman. As well as my entire county, and board of education, who did not allow the speech to be shown!. What a disgrace! The bottom line is NOT that the nut cases thought that Obama would push his political agenda, but that the children may have their eyes opened to the lies their parents have been telling them, and realize that Obama is NOT the threat they have been telling their kids he is! I am appalled! Disgusted! and fucking fed up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Obama has been a pussy about pushing the public option down the throats of corporate america.
    Uh-Oh, Obama just took that criticism opportunity away! He hammered them in the speech! It was, once again, brilliant!! It was good to see! It's too bad that he waited so long to do it, though! The bullshit went on for far too long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Uh-Oh, Obama just took that criticism opportunity away! He hammered them in the speech! It was, once again, brilliant!! It was good to see! It's too bad that he waited so long to do it, though! The bullshit went on for far too long!!!
    yep...I am out of criticisms now for the Messiah. :happyanim

shortly after the original annct made 'Obama to speak to schoolkids' dems leaked info that he would ask for public service, write letter about how I can help Obama, etc. Conservatives were justifiably outraged.
    then the actual speech text comes out and it's harmless.
    all this accomplishes 2 things. one, it gives the left another club to bash the right with (stupid paranoid anti-education conservatives!). two, it establilshes a precedent, so that the next time Obama wants to speak to the kids no one will fight it, and he can push his agenda.

remember, kids, the first one's always free!
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)