Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT: American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    One of those cats just this year got a Golden Globe and an Oscar nomination (Hudson, I think, is her name) for supporting actress in 'Dreamgirls'.

I'm not saying it's worthy tv, and I agree with you 100% that the great performers/singers/musicians of the '60s & '70s would never be able to emerge from in a show like this. Van Morrison, Tom Scholtz, Mark Knopfler, Tom Petty, Steve Perry, they are just not good looking enough to emerge in a video age like ours.

It's sad, because they are musicians, and singer/songwriters, and there is no place for up-and-comers like them in modern pop culture unless they "look the part."

That said, there is terrific music coming out now from some young bands, you just don't see them on tv or hear them on most radio stations.
    I'm sorry, a golden globe for a lousy movie doesn't sway me.
    Yes there is music being released that is worthy, and yes , you DON"T hear it on the radio.(An attest to the fact that record companies control airplay!) This further upholds my statement that Idolatry is stealing the soul of music! I:hammer: , for one, am incensed!

Are you kidding me? An American Idol thread on this board. :grbac:
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

American Idol???

When is Training Camp again???
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin View Post
    At least let's talk about '24' which rawks!
    Hey, Dirt on FX @ 10 on Tuesdays really rawks!. If you haven't seen it, you should. In the mold of The Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck as FX pushes the envelope since they are a cable channel & not held to FCC rules. Life in the Hollywood tabloid/gossip world. & as ladyraven said, we have no life after football & football season is over.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

i would follow that show but the 1st episode had former nba baller rick fox being railed in the poopshoot with a dildo. a little too scarring psychologically to follow the show after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mavhimself View Post
    i would follow that show but the 1st episode had former nba baller rick fox being railed in the poopshoot with a dildo. a little too scarring psychologically to follow the show after that.
    That should be "poopchute." It wasn't in your spellchecker? ;)
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

sorry, that's what i get for trying to be clever.

:) It was funny. I just wanted to post the words "poopchute," and now I've gotten to do it twice, thanks to you.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

no problem. i was tempted to use the phrase "hershey highway" but something about "poopchute" just sounded better. ;)

At least let's talk about '24' which rawks!
    So what's the deal with Jack's brother? The traitorous bastard. And how did he get such a hot wife? And why have they employed that lanky dude who played Prince Phillip in the recent Queen movie to be Jack's father, rather than the more obvious choice of Donald Sutherland, Kiefer's real life dad?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I just watched season one and I am hooked now. I have really been missing out. I hope they did not kill off that sexy daughter of his!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Well, I don't watch 24 but Lost is coming back soon. Sigh . . . at least I can look forward to that I have many questions.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters