Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT: American Idol

I've never actually sat down and watched the show because, well, I hate reality TV.

The question is why don't they just go ahead and give it to the guy from the South? Heck Alabama alone has two winners, a runner-up, and the guy from Memphis is the front-runner this year according to my wife.

North Carolina
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Alabama
    Alabama
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: OT: American Idol

Yuck. I don't like to watch tv because that's where American Idol is.

But there *is* an OT forum around here somewhere, which is where you will find this thread after one of the Mod.s moves it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

During the off-season OT post are allowed on the main board at the Mods discretion.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

:raven:
    ProFootballMock

In my opinion, American Idol is so five years ago.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

My 9 year old daughter loves it. She is obsessed with Carrie Underwood who won two years ago and she loves watching it when they get down to the final twelve.

Eh . . . . we have no life after football is over (and I consider it over) so whatcha gonna do? :bag:

P.S. The guy Darb is talking about blew us away . . . boys got some pipes.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Blog Entries

At least let's talk about '24' which rawks!
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Blog Entries

the "favorite" from these rounds usually never wins.

audition versus the show seems to be a big jump. I'm pretty sure anyone who saw Taylor Hicks' audition last year probably figured him to be an early exit guy at best...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin View Post
    At least let's talk about '24' which rawks!
    Hey, Dirt on FX @ 10 on Tuesdays really rawks!. If you haven't seen it, you should. In the mold of The Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck as FX pushes the envelope since they are a cable channel & not held to FCC rules. Life in the Hollywood tabloid/gossip world. & as ladyraven said, we have no life after football & football season is over.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Can you guys please keep Simon Cowell in the US or just chuck him in a big hole somewhere in Utah or Arizona or somewhere like that? Seriously he'd be an excellent export to stay permanently out of this country and I'd be so happy if I never had to put up with Pop Idol or the X-Factor or all that crap ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    Can you guys please keep Simon Cowell in the US or just chuck him in a big hole somewhere in Utah or Arizona or somewhere like that? Seriously he'd be an excellent export to stay permanently out of this country and I'd be so happy if I never had to put up with Pop Idol or the X-Factor or all that crap ever again.
    Amen, Right on, You go!!! Can anyone tell me why they would watch such GARBAGE? Has there been ANYONE emerge from this show who has done anything of ANY redeeming value?... i.e. written or sang a song that you would want to hear? Are we, the public going to continue to allow this Drivel driven show to steal the soul of MUSIC?
    The record companies already dictate to us what we listen to!... And now, we are going to let Simon Cowbell change the direction of our listening habits?
    ALL reality programming is , first, not reality, and second extremely BAD, and an indication of how SAD our society has become, but to allow this unmitigated CRAP to invade the sanctity of the GREATEST art form known to humankind , is unconsionable!! To me, it's just embarrassing!!!
    When you think about it.... would Van Morrison ever have made it out of the first round? ... had he not been known? Think about it, HELL NO! because he's too creative, too real, ... That's just 1 example, but the list would go and on. Just disgraceful!!!
    :grbac: