Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ngata and Ray To Start Thursday. Moore to Play.

This is according to Aaron Wilson on WNST.

I am concerned about rushing Ngata, but excited to see our entire defense on the field.

Does anyone else find it weird and mysterious that there is no real explanation for Ray Lewis sitting out on Friday. Could he be upset that he will no longer dance during home games? Don't know, but I am throwing that out there.

Apparently, this morning's practice was not good, but players could just be tired of training camp.

Clarence Moore returns. I hope he brings someone else's hands and leaves his at home.

With J. Johnson, Dan Cody, Bart Scott, and Mike Smith, we are set on this defense for many years. I will even throw in Ryan Lacasse, because who knows what talent he may have? We are extremely deep defensively.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Will Moore be playing Thursday? I'm glad Ngata is back already, but I DON'T want to rush him into anything.

Woo Hoooo!! Our first look at alligator arms. I have a feeling this will solidify Demetrius at #3.

I thought about Ray sitting out as well. Maybe they are just getting the crowd used to the intro, or they (we) really don't want him getting hurt.

I hope they are not pushing Ngata's knee. I'd rather see him sit out and heal for another game or two if that is what he needs.
    SS

I think both Casey and Aaron said that Moore was playing Thursday. I think Moore and Darling are fighting for one spot. I don't see both on this team unless one is on IR or PUP. I am rooting for Ten Dresses to make the team.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I don't think it's someone else's hands Clarence needs to borrow! :D

Supposedly Ray was held out as a coach's decision. Maybe they didn't want him out there to risk an injury. Or perhaps they wanted a good look at Mike Smith with the starters?

I'd be leery of putting Ngata in there too, but maybe for a series or so to get a feel for the speed of an NFL game.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

7. Moore better have a good game or he could be TOAST!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    I heard Clarence had a double Addatestitome as well as a Addaspinectomy, so we might see him not run off the field as soon as he sees those meanies in the other uniforms.

Ngata wouldn't be playing if he weren't ready. I hope this kid can explode in the middle and command double teams, Gregg will be that much better and our overall pass rush will be good again.

As Greg said, Ngata is obviously considered fit to play. The coaches wouldn't risk him if there were doubts over whether he'd hold up in a pre-season game. This also puts paid to worries about a long lay-off for Haloti following the tweak he felt in practice yesterday.

As far as Ray goes - I think if he were seriously pissed about the dance he wouldn't have shown on Friday, rather than stand on the sideline laughing and joking with anyone in his vicinity. He even gave the crowd a wave. Hopefully he'll be suited up on Thursday night.

Ngata must be ready per the doctors.........or he would not go. Can not wait to see the look on the oppossing QBs face when the big men line up and Kelly Gregg drops back as a linebacker..........just another wrinkle from the mad scientist Rex Ryan.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.
    It will be great to finally see Ngata in the full glow action of NFL football lights.But I will be holding my breath each play.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

I don't think Ray was out because he was upset about not doing the dance. I thought I read on the other board that it was his idea to can it. In any case, he doesn't give the appearance of being upset about anything ~ he's looking pretty relaxed and happy right now.