Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predicting the Final 53 Man Roster

Well the word is that Hauschka is the guy the coaches want to win the job. So unless he really screws up against Atlanta I don't see Gano staying on board.

I reckon Figurs is gone too.

Well some here may have questions about Ayenbedejo, but Harbs doesn't. Like I said, yesterday, he said he was challenging to be the starter dime LB in addition to absolutely gushing about his special teams play.

He is a safe bet for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Well the word is that Hauschka is the guy the coaches want to win the job. So unless he really screws up against Atlanta I don't see Gano staying on board.

I reckon Figurs is gone too.
    One more chance. It is a big game for a lot of guys.

I know Gano is behind right now, but I think he will show a stronger leg in this game, one more miss from either guy and it could be over.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Well some here may have questions about Ayenbedejo, but Harbs doesn't. Like I said, yesterday, he said he was challenging to be the starter dime LB in addition to absolutely gushing about his special teams play.

Yeah, I do not think we get any cap savings for cutting him, and he was awsome on special teams coverage, and with any luck he will never have to play any D. Or at least not take on a G or cover anyone.

Burgess could maybe make it to the psquad. Not sure why I like him, other than he just looks the part. He is kind of huge and lean. Maybe he could play TE as well as DE, while he has been getting reps at ILB over Phillips and Ellerbe, both of whom I think end up on IR.

5. Re: Predicting the Final 53 Man Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Yeah, I do not think we get any cap savings for cutting him, and he was awsome on special teams coverage, and with any luck he will never have to play any D. Or at least not take on a G or cover anyone.

Burgess could maybe make it to the psquad. Not sure why I like him, other than he just looks the part. He is kind of huge and lean. Maybe he could play TE as well as DE, while he has been getting reps at ILB over Phillips and Ellerbe, both of whom I think end up on IR.
    nope, not eligible. he was on the 53-man all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

He is FAR from a "safe bet" unless we stash some younger guys on IR....which is very possible.

He is 34 years old and we have way too many young LB'ers on this team right now. He also has been horrible playing defense so far this year. Cant get off a block to save his life.

I thought Burgess broke his arm in preseason last year?

No stats or records from last season on his profile just 8 games in 07.

He is a solid 6-3 250+ and should be a tough guy to beat out of a special teams type of role for someone. I guess at this point I would have him right on the bubble line but ahead of the 6th WR, 5th RB and 4th TE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/prescottb...e?id=BUR094915

Again, I'm just responding to what HArbs said out of his mouth.

He still made the pro-bowl last year as just a special teamer and now the head coach is talking about having him starting at LB in certain packages.

At this point, I'd bet that every person who covers this team would put him in the "safe bet to make team" category.

Blog Entries

I can't see it any other way than Burgess is gone.
    With the FO ability and track record of finding late or undrafted LBs, I can't see them keeping someone who hasn't really stepped up by this point.

The flashes we saw early from AD, McClain, and Scott kinda told us we had a special player. This year Ellerbe shows the potential. Heck, Jones has survived by being versitile.
    What I'm saying is that we should be able to find another one and not have to hold on to Burgess hoping he develops into a consistant player, much less a stud superstar.
    There was something about Philips that caused FO to use a more than a flyer draft slot. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure he gets more time, either PS if possible or inactive 53. If he can't be gotten to PS or IR, that really squeezes the LB slots up to and maybe including Barnes who hasn't really shown much more than speed at present.
    If BA is a lock because of ST, have to count him as a LB slot, so I got Burgess not even on a bubble anymore, and Barnes square on the bubble.
    Have to watch who gets dinged (IR) in the coming game, and whether some rook steps up to the point we can't risk exposing him for others to grab.
    If Philips or Ellerbe make some good film highlights they probably force their way on the roster with this line of reasoning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I thought Burgess broke his arm in preseason last year?

No stats or records from last season on his profile just 8 games in 07.

He is a solid 6-3 250+ and should be a tough guy to beat out of a special teams type of role for someone. I guess at this point I would have him right on the bubble line but ahead of the 6th WR, 5th RB and 4th TE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/prescottb...e?id=BUR094915
    The 8 games in 2007 probably do it though...he was injury waived last year, then added to IR. I'm guessing he has an accrued season from 2007, which means he can't be on ANYONE's P Sq. So it's either make it or don't for him.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Barnes is a force. I cannot see him as even close to being a bubble guy. If he does not see regular action this year I would be suprised. He has been getting plenty of good D reps as well as special teams while Burgess has been comng in with the rest of the guys on the wrond side of the bubble line.

I really think this coaching staff keeps an open mind about who is making the team and will let them battle it out for real, not just pick guys based on status.

12. Re: Predicting the Final 53 Man Roster

A look at how The Sun's Jamison Hensley projects the Ravens' 53-man roster entering the final preseason game:

Quarterbacks
    In: Flacco, T.Smith, Beck (3)
    On the bubble: None
    Long shot: None

Running backs
    In: Rice, McGahee, L.McClain (3)
    On the bubble: Cook, Lawrence, Parmele, Peerman
    Long shot: None

Wide receivers
    In: Mason, Clayton, Williams, K.Washington (4)
    On the bubble: Harper, Figurs, Wheelwright, Foster
    Long shot: Riley

Tight ends
    In: Heap, L.J. Smith (2)
    On the bubble: Jones, Drew
    Long shot: Smolko

Offensive linemen
    In: Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Oher, Chester, Cousins (7)
    On the bubble: Hale, Reitz
    Long shot: Felix, Stallings, Rodgers, Mattison

Defensive linemen
    In: Pryce, Ngata, Gregg, Bannan, Edwards, McKinney (6)
    On the bubble: Talavou
    Long shot: Abdallah, W.Johnson

Linebackers
    In: Lewis, Gooden, Suggs, J.Johnson, Kruger, Ayanbadejo, J.McClain (7)
    On the bubble: Barnes, Phillips, Ellerbe, Burgess, VanDeSteeg
    Long shot: Fein

Secondary
    In: Foxworth, F.Washington, Reed, Landry, Carr, Webb, Zbikowski, Nakamura (8)
    On the bubble: Walker, Martin
    Long shot: Oglesby, Gerard

Special teams
    In: Koch, Katula (2)
    On the bubble: Hauschka
    Long shot: Gano

according to him, there are 42 guys that are definitely in. that leaves 11 spots up for grab, where most of us are differing.