Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Ravens - Panthers (Preseason) GAME THREAD

Trap.... Harper did not drop 2 passes. One was an inaccurate pass from Troy that got first tipped by the Panther defender. Harper almost made a nice catch afterwards but couldn't come down with the ball . The other drop, I have no clue.

I think tonite proves that we really dont need a #1 WR like Marshall this season. Sure it would help next season but we are talking 2009. No wideout this year could come in, learn the playbook quickly, and fit well within the framework of the offense scheme. They would absolutely screw up the growth of Flacco and the chemistry developing with the current crop of WRs.

Harper has plenty of potential...

The potential to make Braylon Edwards look like Steve Largent, with all his drops.

My favourite play of the game was the one where Steve Smith caught the ball and started running, got caught by Reed and then LEVELED by...Ngata?? When a DT runs to tackle one of the best WRs in the game after a long catch, I'm impressed

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Trap.... Harper did not drop 2 passes. One was an inaccurate pass from Troy that got first tipped by the Panther defender. Harper almost made a nice catch afterwards but couldn't come down with the ball . The other drop, I have no clue.

I think tonite proves that we really dont need a #1 WR like Marshall this season. Sure it would help next season but we are talking 2009. No wideout this year could come in, learn the playbook quickly, and fit well within the framework of the offense scheme. They would absolutely screw up the growth of Flacco and the chemistry developing with the current crop of WRs.
    Maybe Im wrong, but I swear on the replay the almost one hand catch by Harper initially dinged off his own hands. The CB was close to getting it, but I thought that was all Harper. I dont remember the second drop either. Washington might get that #2 spot if he keeps up the consistency. I chalk his lack of production in the past to injuries and opportunity. Looking back look who he was playing behind in both former teams. Hell Mason would be the third WR on those teams as well. I think he suits us well. He was a nice product coming out of TN and I thought that he would have a better than average career coming out of college. This could be his prime years for production when smarts and ability come together as one. Go Kels!

I watched the game again and it most definitely hit the defenders hands first.