Canada's healthcare System on the brink of callapse

Looking to the US for help?

Here is what Claude Castonguay(the architecht of Canadian healthcare) has to say about that wonderful socialized healthcare that we have so envied:

“We thought we could resolve the system’s problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it,” says Castonguay. But now he prescribes a radical overhaul: “We are proposing to give a greater role to the private sector so that people can exercise freedom of choice.”

http://kevincolby.com/2008/06/30/arc...it-has-failed/

Re: Canada's healthcare System on the brink of callapse

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Looking to the US for help?

Here is what Claude Castonguay(the architecht of Canadian healthcare) has to say about that wonderful socialized healthcare that we have so envied:

“We thought we could resolve the system’s problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it,” says Castonguay. But now he prescribes a radical overhaul: “We are proposing to give a greater role to the private sector so that people can exercise freedom of choice.”

http://kevincolby.com/2008/06/30/arc...it-has-failed/
    Who is it that has "so envied" their system? Isn't that "envy" something that the insurance companies have erroneously created? The only thing that has been envied, in reality, is the lower cost of medications.
    For all you who believe that National health care cannot work, or would be the ruination of our health care system... I offer this link
    http://potentialandexpectations.word.../#comment-2327.
    If you can just break your self away from the preconceived notions that the assholes Rush, Hannity, Beck, et al have perpetrated on their listeners to raise their ratings and read this... you may find that their IS room for another view!

It has nothing to do with the talking heads you talk about and I don't listen to.

It is as simple as this.

Social security is in compelte shambles. I would GLADY forfeit all that I have paid in to the system, and all that I may have acrued, to no longer have to put in to the system. I would do better off with the same ammount placed in a 401k.
    Medicare and Medicaid are even worse.

THe Feds should figure out a way to do the things they already do well, before they take on such big projects.

Simple observation. Inserting the Feds in between us and the healthcare system will not increase efficiency in any way. Simple observation would lead one to believe it will in fact be the opposite. What that means is pick your poison. Either quality will be reduced, avalability will be reduced or costs wil be increased. At least one of those will be true, if hte other two are unaffected. Nothing is likely to be improved. .

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It has nothing to do with the talking heads you talk about and I don't listen to.

It is as simple as this.

Social security is in compelte shambles. I would GLADY forfeit all that I have paid in to the system, and all that I may have acrued, to no longer have to put in to the system. I would do better off with the same ammount placed in a 401k.
    Medicare and Medicaid are even worse.

THe Feds should figure out a way to do the things they already do well, before they take on such big projects.

Simple observation. Inserting the Feds in between us and the healthcare system will not increase efficiency in any way. Simple observation would lead one to believe it will in fact be the opposite. What that means is pick your poison. Either quality will be reduced, avalability will be reduced or costs wil be increased. At least one of those will be true, if hte other two are unaffected. Nothing is likely to be improved. .
    Wrong on ALL points. I guess you were not adversely affected by the speculative greed based collapse of the financial market... Congratulations on being the smartest person in the world!
    I bow, humbled, at your feet... wishing to touch the hem of your garment!