Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Sophomore Slump" for Flacco?? Not likely.

Get over yourself man. If I didn't post in your thread its a good chance no one else would have.

Ignore list grows by +1.

test

I think one of the major issues with Joe Flacco is "choking" in key games....and at key times.......he's definitely gotten better.........but he needs to CHILL OUT and maintain the Joe Cool way of playing......I'm sure that having better receivers (or people he can trust more to catch his throws) will help him relax more........in those key moments. I watched the heartbreaking (and COMPLETELY preventable, imho) loss to the Steelers in January..........4 different players made fatal errors. Rice fumbled, Flacco threw a couple of deep-but-off duds, Boldin didn't catch an easy throw and Housh dropped a TD pass at the end.

I can definitely see the value in having reliable people to throw to/people who can rescue occasional poor throws........Peyton Manning for example. 2009 season.....he was BRILLIANT. 2010.......all those injuries to key Colts.......it really showed in his performance. He even looked troubled at times.....(ya know.......the look on a player's face when he thinks.......oh s**t what should I do?)

I trust in Joe Flacco.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Flacco run a bit more......with the ball. If Rice is blocked.....and short pass is not an option.....on 4th and short.....(4-5 yards) depending on how far behind the line of scrimmage he goes to make a throw.....

Michael Vick does that.....successfully. It's cool watching him make a rushing TD....

I'm not saying Flacco should try doing THAT.........but just enough to get us first down, if no other options are available on 3rd or 4th and short.