Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: 2007 Mock Draft Trends

updated

ER, thanks for keeping it updated. Could you bump down the OP, so the graphics on the right hand side don't obstruct the key to the first graph?

Thanks.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Sure thing.

I've got a feeling that neither blalock nor staley will be here. Time will tell.

Staley I don't think will be, dude's climbing high, mobility and footwork are superb and has very good upside. Brown's mobility and footwork are limited, he could start falling? I'm hoping.

Not too bothered about Blalock really, don't value guards in the first round.

Did a quick run through of my dream mock on another site earlier, here's what I came up with:

Round 1 - Levi Brown would be ideal and could fall, but doubt he will get past the Giants or Chiefs. Saving that Ryan Kalil is my dream, locks up the centre spot for a decade.

Round 2 - Baraka Atkins - Really really like this guy, size, speed, strength. Won't see the double teams in the pros that he saw in college and could flourish backing up Trevor Pryce and succeeding him when the injury bug bites again.

4th (Comp 1) - Mike Walker - WR - UCF - Not particularly a need but I had him in my fantasy team this year and just really think he's a very good prospect from watching him a couple of times and reading up on him. Comparable to Brandon Marshall and favourably so IMO.

4th (Comp 2) - Stephon Heyer - OT - Maryland - Token Terp, extremely solid this year, wingspan of a 747, giant of a man and can be a decent stop gap at RT if we can't find anytyhing better.

5th - Rory Johnson - LB - Ole' Miss - Played next to Willis for the Rebels and looked damned good in there, may have made plays off of Willis but that'll remain to be seen, looked like a solid prospect that I saw.

5th (Comp) - Garrett Wolfe - RB - Northern Illinois - Size? Yes but he's got an awesomely fast cut and decent speed, plus he's my boy.

6th - Samson Satele - G/C - Strength at point of attack, versatility inside.

6th (Comp) - Tim Castille - FB - Alabama - 'bama connection for Ozzie, with Ovie gone we need some competition for Justin Green at FB.

EDIT - Possibly exchange Matt Moore for Samson Satele.

Thanks ER for putting this together.

I think it is interesting that the top 5 most frequent choices are all o-line: Blalock, Staley, Kalil, Grubbs, and Sears. I don't ever recall one area ever recieving so much attention in mock drafts.

I've already said good bye to Staley, but I'm going to be pretty crushed if Blalock goes before us. I just don't love any of the other 3 guys at 29.

Yes, crazy stuff with Staley, rumors about the Falcons at #10? Dear lord.

I don't see Levi Brown falling far enough and if he falls to 28, the pats will take him almost certainly.

On principle, I do the "just say no to first round guards".

Funny how there isn't one player that i went into the draft hoping would fall or be available and was fairly certain would be there...one of the benefits of having a well-rounded team...generally.

I actually like Staley a lot, but not trading up 10 slots to get him.

updated.

The last update will be done this Friday afternoon. It's almost that time.

Staley taking a drop because he just isn't going to be there at #29, top 15 pick now in all likelihood.

Kalil taking a rise I like, he's my favourite option right now.

Yup, Staley is going as high as Atlanta in some mocks. Completely insane. Blalock is also appearing to be going in many mocks (often to the pats).

It's going to be a "who is left on the board when it's the Ravens' turn". There may be a real gem sitting there a la Todd Heap, Ed Reed, or Ray Lewis. It'll be an exciting week.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Yup, Staley is going as high as Atlanta in some mocks. Completely insane. Blalock is also appearing to be going in many mocks (often to the pats).

It's going to be a "who is left on the board when it's the Ravens' turn". There may be a real gem sitting there a la Todd Heap, Ed Reed, or Ray Lewis. It'll be an exciting week.
    I don't think it's insane at all. Staley has the sort of footspeed and mobility and upside that teams kill for at LT, and particularly in a mobile scheme like Atlanta run he's a premium talent. He's unproven, but he's got excellent raw skills. He's elevated by the likes of Sam Baker and Jake Long staying in school. Even Gaither, who though he was pretty bang average this year still has awesome skills and will go high when he comes out.

I just think top 10 is a big risk. The natural ability is certainly there but the question is can he develop into the complete package

Another thing that makes these mocks even more of an utter crap shoot is teams trading from the top of the 2nd to the bottom of the 1st that you can't really call. I'm confident that of the teams ahead of us, Kalil will fall to us. But the Raiders currently have Jake 'Absolutely terrible/woeful/awful' Grove at centre and could very easily jump ahead of us to take Kalil.

There's a rumour bouncing around that we might jump up to #20 with the Giants to take Spencer, not sure what that'd cost but it's doing the rounds.