Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: 2007 Mock Draft Trends

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers View Post
    LINK
    I still think this is a very real possibility of happening, the biggest hurdle being Kansas City at #23 who need tackles worse than we needed WRs a couple of years ago.
    If he fell to 19 with Tennessee I'd be interested in trading up. Our first and 2nd for their 1st and third wouldn't be so bad. I'd even throw in our 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    If he fell to 19 with Tennessee I'd be interested in trading up. Our first and 2nd for their 1st and third wouldn't be so bad. I'd even throw in our 5th.
    Considering our Comp Picks, I would do that in a heartbeat! 10 spots in the First Round would be a pretty big jump!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;

Problem with that is we're running out of picks to trade!

This year we have no third (buffalo) or fourth (tennessee). So that leaves us with second and fifth round picks. Ok, so what about picks next year? That's rough considering a pick the following years is relatively devalued.

Is it worth giving up the second round pick? That's tough, we only have one first day pick this year if that's the case.

But would Levi Brown be worth that? Good chance he might be that good and the depth at the interior of the line goes well into the second day.

Well...now check this out!

I actually went to the Ravens website and found this

Is it as thorough? No.
    Same conceptual idea? Yup.

I'm laughing. Not gonna lie.

updated 4/1. No jokes, promise!

Ahhhhh uninformed mockers beware. I hate the Staley pick. We don't need a LT, why does every mock seem to think he is who we are replacing. We replaced him 2 years ago, in advance with Adam Terry. For some reason, we didn't plan for RT after Orlando Brown. Pashos was not expected to be as good as he was, but now he is gone. THAT is who we are replacing. Blalock is a much better first choice, IMO as he replaces Vincent, who has struggled and will aid Pashos' replacement in providing a solid right side. Pashos replacement can be found later in the weekend. I think in the first round you pick the player that you feel will help the team the most, of who is available over the course of the next DECADE. In Blalock, I see a perrennial all-pro RT Guard that could be that mauling Run blocker that allows the Ravens to consistently run the ball, year in and year out. And who knows, maybe he can play RT??

I see what you're talking about ....but

What if Terry plays well on the right side? If that's the case, you can bring in a left tackle.

A first round interior lineman outside of Kalil doesn't make sense to me, and Kalil only because then Chester gets shifted over to RG instead of playing C.

Either way, the mocks are fun to laugh at, we like to think we have a clue...but we don't. Eg. Donte Whitner "20s" and turns out 3-4 teams had him in the top 13.

I thought it was pretty cool the consensus #1 selection finally changed for the first time. It makes tracking this more interesting.

Is Rouse a new one this week? What egit 'draftnik' suggested that?

http://www.northwestscouting.com/whats_new_2.html

I just noticed that, I was a bit hungover this morning. Rouse is the round 2 pick.

Past history is:
    Jan 1-21: Michael Bush
    Jan 22-28: Levi Brown
    Jan 29-Feb4: Levi Brown
    Feb5-Feb11: Justin Blalock
    Feb12-Feb18: Justin Blalock
    Feb19-Feb25: Justin Blalock
    Feb26-Mar4: Tank Tyler
    Mar5-Mar11: Justin Blalock
    Mar12-mar19: Justin Blalock
    Mar20-Mar25: Justin Blalock
    Mar26-Apr1: Justin Blalock

Let me know if you think it's awful and I can remove it outside of my error.

I am updating the front page now.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    What if Terry plays well on the right side? If that's the case, you can bring in a left tackle..
    You could, but then I promise that if you want to keep Terry, you will be paying him as the Highest paid RT ever until he left. He will paid as a LT here or elsewhere. Since I believe he is already at least an average LT, it might as well be here playing the position that I feel he can be an ProBowler at, rather then one he plays well at. So we can pay him top dollar to be an animal on the Left(though a step from Ogden of course), or you can pay him top dollar to play well, at a less important position. It's how I see it, right or wrong.

A first round interior lineman outside of Kalil doesn't make sense to me, and Kalil only because then Chester gets shifted over to RG instead of playing C..
    I couldn't disagree more. If there is one player I feel is even less of a fit on this team then Staley it's Kalil. It's not a know to either of them, I just DO NOT WANT them on the Raven's. I don't think they fit at all. Kalil would mean we have three undersized, weak POA young Centers, plus Flynn. Kalil is a weaker, smaller, more experienced Chester... Only Chester started a couple of NFL games, and didn't embarrass himself. To me, he did show however that RG will nto be his best position. He simply did not get enough push. Brown was underwhelming as well. Both Guys were excellent pass blockers, and did surroung Flynn, the human turnstyle. I believe they will improve at the POA, but neither is likely to ever put in a Larry Allen in his prime like performance in the Run Game. Blalock, I believe can, and that is precisely what this team is missing, IMO.

Eg. Donte Whitner "20s" and turns out 3-4 teams had him in the top 13.

I thought it was pretty cool the consensus #1 selection finally changed for the first time. It makes tracking this more interesting.
    Believe it or not, by the time the draft came, I was happy with the thoguht that the Ravens would be left with Whitner at 13. I had visions of Ernie Sims and Ngata being gone, leaving Whitner as Need adjsuted BPA.

my top 13 was along the lines of:
    Bush
    Cutler
    Leinart
    Williams
    Huff
    Ngata
    Young
    Brick
    Hawk
    Sims
    Whitner
    Winston Justice
    Vernon Davis

I agree that dynamic dissention among Mocks is precisely what makes them interesting. It is what makes them discussion worthy. I find it very intersting to see draft boards change in the offseason. I am certain that a teams board changes far less then Mocks do.

Oh, yeah, team boards probably don't change much at all. They're spending time disseminating information while fans are sitting around and trying to sort through disinformation and media hype without meat and potatoes film or numbers.

I see the point about run blocking and being physically imposing on the line.

Boil it down and it basically amounts to me being afraid of a 1 dimensional players. If there were a one-dimensional line, I'd want it to be a pass-protecting line. You can always run short outs, screens, and delayed draws. But you'll have trouble running unless the Browns don't learn how to tackle.

Difference of opinion, but your points do make sense. It's just a matter of approach. Draft day will tell a lot about the future...
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 04-02-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Boil it down and it basically amounts to me being afraid of a 1 dimensional players. If there were a one-dimensional line, I'd want it to be a pass-protecting line. You can always run short outs, screens, and delayed draws. But you'll have trouble running unless the Browns don't learn how to tackle.

True... I don'tt hink that Blalock is one dimensional, btu he is CERTAINLY better in the run game then the pass. The other thing I'd say, is if OLINE players are rone dimmensional, it better be run right and pass left. A line of Terry-Brown-Chester-Blalock-Ugoh would certainly follow that philosophy. Terry and Brown thus far have been weak in the run game,and Blalock and Ugoh are expected to be weaker in pass -pro and Maulers. At least Stevie Mac can see the rush develop on that side. I certainly am not looking to get back to the '03 style line where they move anything in front of them, btu let stuff slip through the cracks like it's their job.
    If we had Peyton or Carson I would be all over Kalil and Staley. We could have a truly elite PassPro line then. Mac can't throw the deep out, can't rifle one in the seem to Heap before the safety comes over. Well, he either can't throw it, or is afreid to. Because we can't fully attack a D though the air, we need to establish a consistent and strong run game. Last year that was not the case.