Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: (please sticky) 2007 Mock Draft Trends

Thanks for the compliment Festivus, I'll be trying to add some Media mocks as well

Adding the following tonight to the list and I'll repost the charts and results:
    cbssportsline, don banks, sports network, yahoo, usa today, new york times, fox sports, TSN, and About.

I'd add Mel Kiper in too, but I don't have a subscription... ;)

Blog Entries

If the right QB falls, it could very well be QB in the first...McNair is playing on borrowed time and Boller is in the final year of his contract. we just need to hope we can actually develop a QB right...

RB would probably be out, just because we don't draft for need. Rather get a solid, all around player to groom than a "jump in this year to fit this particular running style"

OL is possible. We could use another OG as the "heir apparent" to Mulitalo, and we may need a RT, but we've got Terry, Chester, and Brown, who are looking like the futures at LT, C, and RG. If Pashos is re-signed, we don't need RT for a couple years. Plus a first round lineman is "safer" than a QB or RB.

on Defense, I can only see us going for a CB or OLB. But, you figure we're hoping Pittman or Martin can step it up at CB, and we've still got Dan Cody at OLB.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

At the moment (can't believe I'm actually talking about draft projections this far in advance) I'd say possibly my favourites for rounds one and two are Aaron Ross in round one and Kevin Kolb in round two.

Kolb and Ross are two guys I really like and for the Blalock crowd, I'm on board but I just don't like the idea of drafting guards in round one. Sure he's gonna be good but interior OL is all about coaching in my opinion and you can get similar output from a lower round pick in my opinion.

A CB and a QB? You've probably written it elsewhere, but what do you see the Ravens doing about the running game? PJ Daniels & MA? Or resign Musa? Restructure Jamal?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

RBs I haven't seen a great deal of so not gonna say who I want us to go after when it'd just be a stab in the dark.

I can't see anyway we keep Jamal, we can't afford to give him whatever it is he's owed this year $11million? and quite frankly I wouldn't bother re-structuring him either, just cut our losses and go after someone younger. This RB crop doesn't seem as good as last year's crop but I think Mike Anderson combined with PJ Daniels or a 3rd round back possibly would be decent enough. Pretty much what we need in this offense (in my opinion) is a back who will just square his shoulders and power for a crease. I don't see any great changes in the O-line next year in terms of bringing in road graders, McNair will be our QB so once again the priority will be to keep him upright. Consequently we aren't gonna get big holes appearing in the run game any time soon, consequently a back who looks for big plays isn't for us, we just need a back who'll just drive for a hole, not sure who that could be right now but I'll be keeping my eyes open.

I think we're going to see Mike Anderson and a shifty 3rd downish back that can do a lot of the screen pass, etc type of stuff

So who that will be? good question

I don't have any problem going with MA & PJ Daniels, assuming the coaching staff is confident PJ can get it done. I wonder if we will see Cory Ross line up at RB at all; as I recall he was listed there on the depth chart.

I agree about Jamal. He's given a lot to the Ravens, but the Ravens have given a lot to him, too. I've made my peace & am prepared to say goodbye.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I am kind of thinking we are going to be looking for some new blood at the LB position. Ray has maybe 2 years left, with ADs contract situation, and Cody's health or lack of playing time, I think LB is going to be a large concern this year.

We might draft a LB that can step in and play outside backer for a year or so, and then we Ray hangs up the cleats, have the body type, mental skills, leadership, and toughness to take over a position that has been the heart of this Baltimore team since it existed. I am excited to see what type of player can possibly fill this role.

I don't think we take a RB this year, because as other posters have already said, the talent isn't there for a 1st rounder, and we have other positions of need also.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

I was messing around a bit tonight and, surprise, I think there is a going to be a fair amount of shakeup this next round.

Seems we'll have some new faces, mostly corners....

update will be here Monday evening, have to help my mother's parents move into their new place....north of indy...over the weekend. Well, it's actually back into the old one, but that's a long story for another day.

Good thing I'm not a terrorist

Updated Monday 1-29

Thanks for the hard work.

Is it just me or did we actually manage to pick up more votes for Troy Smith?

I like Bush in the second.

Just say no to guards in the first.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

No kidding, it makes no sense to me.

I don't see how we'd pick Blalock, Bush, or Troy Smith in the first....none of them really fit....Blalock only if he'd play tackle, and then you'd think we'd get Arron Sears or Levi Brown perhaps.

Bush and Irons really are more second round guys, Irons with his injury history and Bush...well, with that whole broken leg thing.

It's really funny how this time last year, I was sure we'd try to get Ngata and the year before I really really hoped we could get Clayton.

Right now, I have no idea who to wish for at the moment. I need to read up on the linebackers and corners more....but the 'backers don't look that great at the moment.

As far as legit potentials...
    Quentin Moses, Jarvis Moss, Marcus McCauley, Aaron Ross, Jon Beason, Paul Posluszny, Patrick Willis...I'll have to mess around more
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 01-30-2007 at 12:58 AM.