Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Re: 2007 Mock Draft Trends

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Yup, Staley is going as high as Atlanta in some mocks. Completely insane. Blalock is also appearing to be going in many mocks (often to the pats).

It's going to be a "who is left on the board when it's the Ravens' turn". There may be a real gem sitting there a la Todd Heap, Ed Reed, or Ray Lewis. It'll be an exciting week.
    I don't think it's insane at all. Staley has the sort of footspeed and mobility and upside that teams kill for at LT, and particularly in a mobile scheme like Atlanta run he's a premium talent. He's unproven, but he's got excellent raw skills. He's elevated by the likes of Sam Baker and Jake Long staying in school. Even Gaither, who though he was pretty bang average this year still has awesome skills and will go high when he comes out.

I just think top 10 is a big risk. The natural ability is certainly there but the question is can he develop into the complete package

Another thing that makes these mocks even more of an utter crap shoot is teams trading from the top of the 2nd to the bottom of the 1st that you can't really call. I'm confident that of the teams ahead of us, Kalil will fall to us. But the Raiders currently have Jake 'Absolutely terrible/woeful/awful' Grove at centre and could very easily jump ahead of us to take Kalil.

There's a rumour bouncing around that we might jump up to #20 with the Giants to take Spencer, not sure what that'd cost but it's doing the rounds.

All I know is that I'll cuss the first round pick like I do every year. Seems that the more I hate the pick, the better they wind up being
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock

Updated on 'draft 'eve.

Enjoy everyone

Grubbs makes the late rise, intriguing to see where this goes.

Well, it was wrong the entire time...up until the night before where it was barely right

Figured I'd bump this up. I was interested, and surprised to see the last second change, much less to have it actually be correct.