Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb 2007 Mock Draft Trends

Updated the wild night before the draft!

• I started with "week 1" this includes a list of mocks that have been updated since January 1, 2007
    • Week 2 is occurring now and ends Sunday night or Monday morning, then I'll tabulate the sites and add to the trend lines
    • I have two separate charts, one with all players with 2+ votes, the other with the top 5-6 players projected for our slot
    • please check out my excel sheet and give some guidance as to mock sites to add to the list or really bad mocks to remove

Thanks for the interest. Any any rate here we go

Mocks used:
    Bengal's zone, condraft, D & J nfl mock draft, draft class, draft connection, draft daddy, draft king, draft notebook, draft studio, draft tx.com, draftace.com, draftseason (lup), draftseason (outhouse), drufantasyfootball.com, east coast sports, fantasttailgate.com, fantasy football extreme, fantasy football jungle, ffcheatsheets.com, fflivewire (lukin), FFT toolbox.com (matt monaghan), fftoolbox.com (dave thompson), dftoolbox.com (ricky dimon), football futures, footballminds.com, great blue north draft report, hailredskins.com (akh & becky), hailredskins.com (fent's mock), hailredskins.com (lavar703), hailredskins.com (skins lady's mock), hailredskins.com (winnipeg's mock), heard's football report, huddle geeks, inside the eagles, junkyard jake, mock draft city, MT's 2007 nfl mock draft, NFC north draft board, nfl daily.com, nfl draft countdown, nfl draft dirt, nfl draft forecast (DJ boyer), nfl draft forecast (jeremy osborne), nfl draft forecast (michael coyne), nfl draft site blog, nfl report, nflanswers.com (chad thompson), nflanswers.com (kevin alvidera), northwest scouting, Q.I. Sports, saintsreport.com, saturdays2sundays.com, seminole chiefs nfl zone, sportscentral, thecaptainsdeck.net, thefootballexpert.com, uwbadger mock, Walter's football site, war room draft guide.

There are other mocks included with time, but that is a general idea.

All Votes

Top 6

Please please feel free to give me suggestions or improvements to the presentation and I'm happy to add or subtract mock sites as all of you suggest.

Hope that you enjoy this. I'll keep it up to date until draft day when we can all laugh at this

Don't know anything about a player? Just click here! or here

Feel free to PM me and I can email you the spreadsheet if you'd like to check it out

Player receiving the majority of votes each week:
    Week 0: Troy Smith
    Week 1: Justin Blalock ~ reason for change...OSU gets dominated by Florida in the BCS title game
    Week 2: Justin Blalock steady #1, Michael Bush and Troy Smith picking up support
    Week 3: Blalock's solid lead, Bush keeping pace ~ no one seems to be judging D prospects well
    Week 4: People like Blalock or Bush, have no clue who else might be there (over 30 different players selected this week)
    Week 5: Blalock is steady, Bush gained an additional selection, still about 30 different players....
    Week 6: Blalock's losing his dominance on the projected pick with many of his lost votes appearing to go to vote grabbing machine Arron Sears on Tennessee
    Week 7: Blalock recovers somewhat, in part because mockers still seem to think he can play tackle. Arron Sears continues his rise, while Michael Bush and Troy Smith continue to fall. Antony Spencer makes a surge coming from nowhere. This seems to be the knee jerk reaction from losing AD with Spencer turning a respectable 4.7 in the 40 yard dash.
    Week 8: Suddenly mockers realize the Ravens would like to improve their O-line, others try to find the best AD replacement. Result: um...oh, Blalock is good.
    Week 9: Blalock is the popular O-line choice, but Kalil, Staley, and Grubbs remain quite popular as well. Mockers can't decide on the which AD-replacement to give the Ravens, but the reality is that the team isn't drafting to replace players, a common problem I have with mock drafts.
    Week 10: Seems like word of Staley's numbers are getting around as Sears is stuck low and Staley gains grounds on Blalock.
    Week 11: It took 11 weeks, but Blalock is now the #2 most popular pic, surpassed by uber athlete Joe Staley from Central Michigan.
    Week 12: Blalock and Staley dominate the projections by astounding margins.
    Week 13: Blalock is back on top, still far out in front with Staley. \
    Week 14: Blalock is still up there, but there is growing doubt about the availability of the two most popular linemen (Blalock and Staley) at 29, so there is a big surge of the "second-tier" popular picks such as Ryan Kalil, Ben Grubbs, et al.
    Week 15: They thought they had a clue...Ben Grubbs sneaks into the top slot over Kalil

Exiled's Take on Draft 'Eve:
    Mockers seem to be realizing that Grubbs is a more highly regarded guard in actual draft circles (supposedly), then afterwards Kalil as formerly popular pick Staley is widely thought to be gone. Anthony Spencer is running up at the top defensive selection at 29.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 04-27-2007 at 11:33 PM.

Re: (please sticky) 2007 Mock Draft Trends

Thanks ER. According to a scout article from the Senior Bowl, team are asking Justin Blalock about his injury.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

I doubt the Ravens take Blalock in the first.

Troy Smith sucks in a big, big way.

I like Irons, but I don't think the Ravens are intrested in a first round RB. The talen level just isn't there this year.

As for the rest I don't know enough about them yet to make a call.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I doubt the Ravens take Blalock in the first.

Troy Smith sucks in a big, big way.

I like Irons, but I don't think the Ravens are intrested in a first round RB. The talen level just isn't there this year.

As for the rest I don't know enough about them yet to make a call.
    Go here and get some scouting reports on these 2007 draft prospects.
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/qb.html

Same, this is more an exercise is us being able to rip on everyone and watch how mocks fluctuate all over the place with very little in terms of information flow.

This should be really fun with Senior Bowl and then the combine. Call in Mr. Burns. (alright alright, I spent too much time as an economics research assistant before professional school...)

Great link PR, i'll drop it in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Same, this is more an exercise is us being able to rip on everyone and watch how mocks fluctuate all over the place with very little in terms of information flow.

This should be really fun with Senior Bowl and then the combine. Call in Mr. Burns. (alright alright, I spent too much time as an economics research assistant before professional school...)

Great link PR, i'll drop it in the first post.
    When is the Senior Bowl game and on what channel?

Senior Bowl is on NFLN next Saturday. 5pm?
    First day practice results have Troy Smith looking the best QB by far.

Saw North practices today on NFL Network and whilst it's not a position of need and we won't have a shot, I just have to gush about Brandon Mebane - WOW! Awesome power got some great bullrushes and used good technique, not just relying on his tremendous natural talents, certainly showed well yesterday.

Corner wise I spoted Josh Wilson go too heavily on to his back foot in a drop back and consequently was out of the play and Aundrae Allison was able to turn up field and get past him. (I think it was Wilson, may have been David Irons, no must have been Wilson, it was North practice)

We made observations yesterday on:

Ken Darby - RB Alabama (South)
    Aaron Ross - CB Texas (South)

Kevin Kolb apparently stood out from the crowd in the South practices yesterday at QB.

Nice effort Exile. As we close in on the draft (say the March time frame) perhaps we could do a feature piece on the content side of the site. We will also be holding a contest to be our co-host on GAMETIME with prizes to the winner and a few consolation prizes. When we feature draft discussions, perhaps you might want to join us.

FYI, Eric Decosta will be joining us soon in studio for an entire show....the tentative date is Feb 2. Will confirm shortly.

Again, very nice effort. I would make one suggestion, to try to increase the size of the diamonds. On my screen at least, it's difficult to discern the differences in color.

RAVE ON!

Thanks for you hard work Looks great.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Thanks for the compliments.

I'll get the sizes changed later this afternoon.

Also, feel free to DL the Excel Sheet and to let me know about other mocks sites that should be included in the survey.

What a great addition to the forum.

Concerning Blalock's injury - the Ravens took Jamal coming off a bad knee injury in college (torn ACL?). Hopefully they will make the right call again.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.