Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Re: Ravens - Jets (Preseason) GAME THREAD

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
    D. Mason 3 68 0 43
    J. Harper 2 62 0 51

Frank Walker burned AGAIN.

This guy is fucking worthless. Why is he still here?

You are comfortable with Walker anywhere on the field?

Meh

And Walker isn't supposed to be a scrub, and he still sucks.

4. Re: Ravens - Jets (Preseason) GAME THREAD

It seemed like Walker was getting beat on every play tonight, but I think he will bounce back. He showed near the end of last season that he can play at a decent level. I think he's a strong option as a dime back.

Disagree, but hey.

Webb redeems his fumble with a nice defense on the 2 point conversion.

Welp, I'm headed out. Harbs, give Justin Harper a chance!!

Webb on the deflected 2 Pt conversion, great! We eeked out that win, but a win is a win. 2-0 in the pre-season, the backups on the O line need work, Harper made a play or two. All in all, a decent performance but we need more from the second stringers.

The Ravens are still using Rex's style, he knows the plays, knows the players and knows the schemes. We STILL won! I'm thinkin we'll be pretty good this year.

Even though Sanchez got the touchdown and most of the #1's were on the field, the two most important on the field coaches were not in the game to line the remaining LB's and DB's correctly(Ed and Ray). That TD was a direct result of not knowing where to line up. Gano prob lost the kicking job tonight. LWebb, Kruger looked good tonight. I missed the Harper catch how did he look? Baby Foster dropped a nice pass from Smith over the middle. I saw some offensive looks that I liked too. Walker gets to toasted by not looking back to the ball. Ngata is the freakin beast. Flacco is going to be a great one if they get another receiver in here. Mason's still got it thank God. One more game to cement some spots I say. Some probably gained and lost a spot tonight anyway.

We'll never get our respect even when we do win the Super Bowl this year. Cris Carter is a drunk idiot, who could not even come close to a Super Bowl. Chris Berman, never gave us respect. I did like what Keyshawn had to say about us. Even today on Sports Center, they show the highlights and then they show a Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez interview. Oh let's forget about Harbs and our new DC Greg Mattison, on how good of job they are doing without Ryan. ESPN is a joke, never liked them, never will. I will say, John Gruden was giving us mad props last night. I am so glad he replaced Tony Kornball. Gruden calls it as he see's it.

Re: Post game impressions.

Walker is terrible. Ugh...

I hate putting too much stock in what I saw, but he sucks.

Cousins is worrying me because he hasn't shown anything, he looked bad last year and bad this year. I pray we never need him in a real game, we're in trouble if that happens.

The Sanchez TD was due to confusion, before the ball was snapped we had like two LB's and a DB standing in a circle practically. That play didn't impress me as much as it did the announcers because there is no way with Ray and Reed in there he completes that throw, a. because the confusion wouldn't have happened with Ray in there and b. the safety (couldn't tell who it was on that play, maybe Nakamura?) didn't see the RB coming out of the backfield and took some other WR crossing the field. Reed would have recognized that play and maybe had a pick.

I liked what I saw out of Washington at WR. He is bigger than I thought, he can be a nice target for Flacco down the field.

Re: Post game impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    The Sanchez TD was due to confusion, before the ball was snapped we had like two LB's and a DB standing in a circle practically. That play didn't impress me as much as it did the announcers because there is no way with Ray and Reed in there he completes that throw, a. because the confusion wouldn't have happened with Ray in there and b. the safety (couldn't tell who it was on that play, maybe Nakamura?) didn't see the RB coming out of the backfield and took some other WR crossing the field. Reed would have recognized that play and maybe had a pick.
    IIRC, The parties involved were:
    Jameel McClain - who ended up in coverage of the RB, although he didn't begin there.

Brendan Ayanbadejo - who began the play lined up over the RB, but switched off at the last second.

Haruki Nakamura - who seemed to point out the misalignment to the LBs just before the snap.

Not sure who was supposed to be where, but I'm thinking Ayanbadejo missing most of camp had something to do with the confusion.
    Last edited by Ravenswarrior19; 08-25-2009 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added IIRC, cuz I may be flat wrong

12. Re: Post game impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    IIRC, The parties involved were:
    Jameel McClain - who ended up in coverage of the RB, although he didn't begin there.

Brendan Ayanbadejo - who began the play lined up over the RB, but switched off at the last second.

Haruki Nakamura - who seemed to point out the misalignment to the LBs just before the snap.

Not sure who was supposed to be where, but I'm thinking Ayanbadejo missing most of camp had something to do with the confusion.
    ayandabejo is a liability whenever he is on the field on defense. the controversial santonio holmes td in the second loss to the steelers last year was him not being disciplined enough to stay in his area of the zone, thus opening up a gap for the dipshit to score (or supposedly score). i do not like having him out on the field.