Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Welcome Back??

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    If (big if) we do bring him in, it won't be until late.
    Have to get a longer look at Cook (not promising after one game), Lawrence, Peerman, and Parmale, so roster spot needed.
    But with his age and some teams not really using a FB, I think there is a good chance he will still be out there if we need him (and he won't need a lot of time since he knows the system). I'd expect to see final cuts first, barring injury, then things depend on who made the team and who is out there cut by others. Just can't see us bringing him in early.
    Good post.
    I'd still like to find a Daniel Graham type TE to add to the group.

Re: Welcome Back??

If I was Oz I get Neal back here ASAP. The jumbo package, 3 headed monster, and Neal at FB. Come on! Thats damn near unstoppable!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Lorenzo Neal released by Raiders!

Harbaugh did say, at a corporate event at the Castle, that the Ravens needed someone who would also contribute on special teams, not be simply a blocking fullback. At that time, however, the Ravens had not signed Suggs.

I don't honestly have a strong feeling if he will be resigned now given the cap room the Ravens have.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Harbaugh did say, at a corporate event at the Castle, that the Ravens needed someone who would also contribute on special teams, not be simply a blocking fullback.
    Exactly. With only being allowed 53 guys you don't have room for a guy like Neal.

Neal WAS great last year and was a key to our running game. I think Cam Cameron is looking to open up the offense some in the passing game and for that reason wants guys in the backfield who are quick in the open field and can catch the ball.

Neal fit in perfectly last year when we were heavily run oriented due to having a rookie QB.

Just guessing that this is the reason. Or maybe he lost a little bit over one year? Hey, it happens when your 38....

I loved having him on the team last year. What a bruiser. Some of his blocks just paralyzed people.

I really doubt they bring Neal back. I think that ship has sailed and they are really happy with the backfield right now. I think McGahee is primed for a big year, which is allowing McClain to move back to fullback on a full-time basis.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-1...for-big-season

Even though it was reported that the Raiders released Neal, he was actually "injury-waived" and is now on the Raiders' IR.

http://www.raiders.com/Team/Default.aspx?id=152

So, unless they work out an injury settlement at some point in the future, he's not available to be re-signed the Ravens.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap