Christopher Hayes explains health insurance reform in under 5 minutes

For those truly interested in the debate, this is about the most succinct explanation of health insurance reform I have heard;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2aV6...layer_embedded

Re: Christopher Hayes explains health insurance reform in under 5 minutes

Man, the debate is truly lost.

You have to use a frequent guest on Olberman to make your point? As if he is some unbiased source?

Hell, that's a kin to me posting Rush as "the truth".

What your side continues to fail on is that everyday people are doing their own research (i.e. doing what the President wont even do and READ the BILL) and coming up with their own conclusions. I guess I should not be surprised that someone who assumes otherwise has to find someone else's opinion to make the case.

Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't think the debate is "truly" lost...man. Admittedly I think the left continues to underestimate the nuttiness of the right. We have now seen it twice with the Palin rallys and townhalls. There are no more excuses for the left to not see 1. the presentation of misinformation and 2. the ability for about 30% of the country to blindly accept it. I don't know if it is an inevitable process in american politics or something that the country will learn from and begin to stay more engaged in what is real.

The debate is taking on new life though. The left is beginning to grow some nuts and at least put the threat of reconciliation out there. I am not sure of I think it would be the right thing to do or not but to threaten it is most certainly the right thing to do.

Obama has two options. Go for the end of preexisting conditions, employee mandated healthcare and end caplimits. That would be pretty good progress and certainly help the landscape but it would have little effect on price containment. Option 2 is to go for the public option but I am beginning to think that that might have never been his intent and he was only floating that idea to ensure that the debate would be there and in effect, guarantee him the the success of option 1.

The debate is quite alive though and the ttrue debate won't begin until September. August is just the dog and pony show and it is ending nicely with the Barney Frank slapdown of the latest nonsensical townhall jester.

You have to use a frequent guest on Olberman to make your point? As if he is some unbiased source?

He presenteed an easy to understand outline of how health reform would work as outlined by Obama and the Dems. Sometimes some truth and reality is good for the soul.

(i.e. doing what the President wont even do and READ the BILL)
    This is probably the silliest defense of anti-reform around.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Hell, that's a kin to me posting Rush as "the truth".

What your side continues to fail on is that everyday people are doing their own research (i.e. doing what the President wont even do and READ the BILL) and coming up with their own conclusions. I guess I should not be surprised that someone who assumes otherwise has to find someone else's opinion to make the case.

Too funny.
    IF you DO read the bill, you will see that all the "death panel" talk is complete lies. The consultations work both ways, You CAN say that you want to remain on life support as long as you breathe, or you can say you wish to be disconnected. The doctors will then be rated on whether they comply with your wishes... MY GOD.... HOW UN AMERICAN!!!!
    No, it's the people wishing to derail the bill who are not reading it...or misinterpreting it. It's time for the sore losers to shut up, and do just what they are accusing others of NOT doing... read the bill....of course possibly they are not able to comprehend what they read.