Blog Entries

24x7 Article: LOMBARDI'S WAY: BIRDS OF A DIFFERENT FEATHER? - AD, Ogden, Ryan and J.

There is a new article on the main page.

LOMBARDI'S WAY: BIRDS OF A DIFFERENT FEATHER? - AD, Ogden, Ryan and J. Lewis could all be leaving the nest... (1/22)

Link to complete article...

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Re: 24x7 Article: LOMBARDI'S WAY: BIRDS OF A DIFFERENT FEATHER? - AD, Ogden, Ryan and

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin View Post
    There is a new article on the main page.

LOMBARDI'S WAY: BIRDS OF A DIFFERENT FEATHER? - AD, Ogden, Ryan and J. Lewis could all be leaving the nest... (1/22)

Link to complete article...

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Excellent article, TL. There are those that report the tag for AD is a real possibility, yet WNST's Drew Forrester is adamant that the Ravens won't use the tag on AD because they view AD as being "very good" but "not great."

What sense are you getting on this?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: 24x7 Article: LOMBARDI'S WAY: BIRDS OF A DIFFERENT FEATHER? - AD, Ogden, Ryan and

I think Drew is right that the Ravens prefer not to use the tag on players, particularly those that are model players on and off the field like AD. With McAlister, I think they wanted him to prove his maturity.

However, AD's case may be unique. Ozzie doesn't like to lose talent of AD's caliber if he can prevent it, particularly when the Ravens are close and have a small window. Beat writers that I've talked to seem to think that the tag is a real possibility if for no other reason that it gives the Ravens exclusivity to negotiate unless someone is willing to come along and offer two number 1's (the price for a franchised player).

I've been told by others that AD is expecting the tag. I would say the odds are at least 50-50 and climbing that they use the tag.

The tag is not the worst thing in the world for AD. He may not like it, but it will be a *huge* raise, and it does offer him the opportunity to get a real payday here in Baltimore, if he wants it, the year after.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I hate to say this, but I think the team can survive without Ogden and Mulitalo.

Jamal should be gone or come back for a little over the league minimum.

AD should be our top priority
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

If AD is expecting the tag, then this another evidence that he won't be that upset about it. He may still holdout (if a deal is not done by camp), but he won't raise a big stink.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!