Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RB and Interior OL

In watching the Bears and Pats, I am thinking of us. The performances by the Bears and Pats could easily be reproduced by us. That's right.

This offseason's priority one has to be RB and interior OL. I know we have discussed this, but if we improve at RB and interior OL, we will be the Bears and Patriots 2007.

So, the question is, what are you willing to do (how far are you willing to go) to get that special RB?

In addition to Michael Turner, isn't Thomas Jones going to be available as well, via trade?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: RB and Interior OL

Thomas Jones has taken a lot of flak from Bears fans for the same thing we yell at Jamal for: dancing. I'll pass.

As for how far I'd go, I don't know, but you don't need to go all that far. Turner, or an early draft pick should be OK.

I'm pretty sure on yesterday's BC show Aaron W. said the FO does not prioritize interior linemen. I would *love* to have a speedy back to complement Mike Anderson going into next year.

Jamal could not make these cuts Mulroney (sp?) is making tonight.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Turner is going to take a 1st and a 3rd.

Way too much. Aside from LB, RB is one of the positions that Oz really excells in drafting. This guy found Priest Holmes and Chester Taylor on the 2nd day.

I agree that some interior OL is needed. Blaylock out of Texas would be amazing, but Im not sure if he will fall. He may even be worth trading up a few spots to grab, depending on what our draft board looks like in the 20's.

BTW, I believe it is spelled Maroney? I dunno.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Thanks, I thought I was wrong but wasn't sure how to make it right. I couldn't get a good look at his jersey. . .
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I'm pretty sure on yesterday's BC show Aaron W. said the FO does not prioritize interior linemen. I would *love* to have a speedy back to complement Mike Anderson going into next year.

Jamal could not make these cuts Mulroney (sp?) is making tonight.
    Well that's understandable because we have RG-Brown, C-Chester, LG-Mulitalo, and backups Flynn and Rimpf.

As for RBs, I want us to take a chance on Michael Bush and pair him with Musa Smith and MA.

Way too much. Aside from LB, RB is one of the positions that Oz really excells in drafting. This guy found Priest Holmes and Chester Taylor on the 2nd day.
    Yay on Chester Taylor he was a 6th round pick

Nay on Priest Holmes he was an UDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Yay on Chester Taylor he was a 6th round pick

Nay on Priest Holmes he was an UDFA
    Well, technically, Priest Holmes is still second day, because UDFAs aren't signed until after the draft. It makes it even more impressive that we found Holmes on the UDFA market.

I don't think Bush will be there at the end of the round when we pick.

Running back has got to be a priority. A Jamal-like six years ago would be nice.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by bassgtrst View Post
    Turner is going to take a 1st and a 3rd.
    Not only that, but it'll take a sizeable contract offer for him to accept the deal and forego waiting a year to be a UFA.

I'm not sure we're in a position with our cap to be signing anyone to that type of deal.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Turner, but I'm just not sure that it's viable.

Well, not to crack on Ozzie because I think he's one of the best in the business, but for Jamal, Chester and Priest, there is also Jay Graham (3rd in 1996) and Chris Barnes (5th in 2001). Those 2 ended up being bad picks. Heck, Barnes didn't even make the team even though Jamal was out for the season.

It just goes to show that even the best are going to have their mistakes. If they are going to draft a RB, I would think they would be wise to do it earlier, rather than later. Nothing is guaranteed, but waiting til late, and thinking they will get a steal, probably isn't playing the percentages very well.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Just Say NO!

to FA runnings backs. They are rarely worth the price you pay for them.