Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Boller's Deep Ball

Anyone else who's not a Boller hater happy to see that Kyle's deep ball has come along?

1st, i would give credit to Newsome for finally upgrading our Recievers in the last two years.

To think that Boller started off throwing to Frank Sanders, Marcus Dropinson, Travesty Taylor . . .

Now he's throwing to Mason, Clayton, and D Will, probably a top 3 WR combo out there.

Secondly, starting with the 2nd half of last season, Boller's deep ball has been far more on target. All the deep and intermediate balls he threw 2nd half of last year come to mind.

Then yesterday, the strikes to Williams (the 1st one and also the 77 yarder) as well as the strike to Clayton. they were all very on target.

Maybe Billick was right to some extent. Hopefully the coaching staff and McNair have taught Kyle to be more acurate on the deep ball. Also, pass protection has improved.

Maybe kudos should go to the departed Fassel for some of Kyles improvement.

Re: Boller's Deep Ball

Kyle has an arm!! Even the ball he threw that was picked, it was there on a rope and this being a "game of inches," a couple of more inches of placement or velocity on that throw could have resulted in a spectactular play.

I am completly comfortable with Kyle and prefer they stretch the field deep!

LET IT FLY!!

I didn't think Boller's deep ball was ever a part of his game that warranted concern.

Well, he used to habitually over throw a lot of deep passes. The 3 deep passes he threw yesterday showed a lot of improvement, I think.

Kyle's ability to go deep is an added dimension that I really enjoy this team having in their arsenal. However, his handling of the ball leaves a lot to be desired, although I suspect that not recieving a lot of practice reps and having that fraud Mike Flynn as a center has something to do with it.

Kyle was raining grenades on the Stains yesterday and I was happier than Michael Jackson at a Cub Scout meeting...

Boller's throws, whether long or intermediate, are much more accurate when his footwork is fundementaly sound. It seems like he was, for the most part, stepping into his throws. His accuracy is dictated by his footwork. Even the INT was a strong throw, just a poor decision.

I was happier than Michael Jackson at a Cub Scout meeting...
    Now that's funny!

I think it was Bernardo Harris on the radio who said his inaccuracies are based on not planting his feet. I remember Fassil working on Boller's foot work. His passes tend to sail off but he certainly reduced that on Sunday.
    Agreed. He did a lot more throwing off his front foot than he's ever done.

But let's put some credit on that where it belongs, the offensive line. I think we can all agree the offensive line has played better than it has ever had in the last I'd say 6 years. Boller had the protection to step into his throws, and not throw off his back foot.

A good offensive line makes a hell of a world of difference, doesn't it? :)

I agree, the line and protection says it all! Just look at Mark Rypen behind the "hogs." He was mediocre at best, but they made him look like an MVP.

Time in the pocket along with speedy receivers will make Boller come into his own. Learning the "intangibles" from McNair, like patience when the pocket collapses or coming from behind to win will make Boller excell!

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    A good offensive line makes a hell of a world of difference, doesn't it? :)
    Hmm, where have we heard that before??? :hammer:

Carson Palmer didn't look to good last night did he? His line had a terrible game.

11. Re: Boller's Deep Ball

If he could only learn to SLOW down a bit, he wouldn't be tripping over his feet and he may have better control. But the potential in that boys arm is amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    I didn't think Boller's deep ball was ever a part of his game that warranted concern.
    It was a concern. Many times, he didn't put enough air on the throw so that the receiver could get under it. Those long balls in the Cleveland game were perfect arcs. The one that was intercepted didn't have enough air on it.