Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Just found these terms on an Eagles' board. Don't know how accurate they are, as the poster provided no link.

"1.6M this year and a team option in 2010 for about 5M."

Take it for what it's worth.
    Nice cake if you can get it...Damn!

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Well whatever's the truth, at least we won't have to go through what we did (and still do to a degree) as fans after Ray's situation in Atlanta.

Although all the outward hate seemed to galvanize the Ravens and push them to a Lombardi Trophy.
    Yeah, maybe that's why Ozzie was interested in Vick, he'd dealt with a similar situation in Ray Lewis years back and felt he and the team knew how to deal with it. I can't think of anyone else better than Ray to mentor Vick back into human decency. I read that Ray reached out to Vick several times but could never get in touch.

Well, at least all the speculation is over.

Quote Originally Posted by willy72480 View Post
    Sorry guy, looks like Ozzie told Mort himself that he was interested in Vick. Jay Glazer is reporting the same.
    Yeah I'm gonna ask you to prove that statement because I don't see one thing where Glazer says anything you're claiming him to have said.

Couldn't agree more. Here's the link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-wanted-vick/

It's all starting to come out now. And I know everyone doesn't trust Mort, but he was the one to break the Eagles signing of Vick. So he must have some credible sources.
    Florio is approximately as credible as Mort.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    Just found these terms on an Eagles' board. Don't know how accurate they are, as the poster provided no link.

"1.6M this year and a team option in 2010 for about 5M."

Take it for what it's worth.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-one-year-deal

"Vick's agent, Joel Segal, confirmed the deal to FOXSports.com.

Vick will make $1.6 million for the first year of the deal. The Eagles have an option on the second year for $5.2 million. "

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-one-year-deal

"Vick's agent, Joel Segal, confirmed the deal to FOXSports.com.

Vick will make $1.6 million for the first year of the deal. The Eagles have an option on the second year for $5.2 million. "
    There's no way the Eagles pick up that option. McNabb is due a huge bonus next year, so he's staying. And I can't believe they would pay $5M to a back-up qb.

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna ask you to prove that statement because I don't see one thing where Glazer says anything you're claiming him to have said.

Florio is approximately as credible as Mort.

- C -
    Glazer was on TV, I'll try to find a link that references it.

Again, Mort may not be credible in your eyes, but he is the one who broke the Vick signing. So he was at least credible enough to do that.

7. Re: Vick signs with Eagles

There's no way the Eagles pick up that option. McNabb is due a huge bonus next year, so he's staying. And I can't believe they would pay $5M to a back-up qb.
    they'll pick it up, but he won't play for the eagles. they figure that they will spend 1M and get his reputation back up in time to dump him off to a qb-needy team that can pay that bonus. they pay 1M and get another weapon this season and will receive a draft pick when they trade him next year. not a bad plan.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    they'll pick it up, but he won't play for the eagles. they figure that they will spend 1M and get his reputation back up in time to dump him off to a qb-needy team that can pay that bonus. they pay 1M and get another weapon this season and will receive a draft pick when they trade him next year. not a bad plan.
    Exactly why I've been saying the Ravens should have done it.

9. Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Exactly why I've been saying the Ravens should have done it.
    yeah, agreed.

yeah, agreed.
    I would have supported Vick if we picked him up, but having him here would have been quite a gamble.

But if the outcome was beneficial for the Ravens, then yeah, I'm on board.

As Herm Edwards once said..."You play to win the game!!"

Still, I'm slightly relieved that it's not our problem to deal with.

11. Re: Vick signs with Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    I would have supported Vick if we picked him up, but having him here would have been quite a gamble.

But if the outcome was beneficial for the Ravens, then yeah, I'm on board.

As Herm Edwards once said..."You play to win the game!!"

Still, I'm slightly relieved that it's not our problem to deal with.
    yeah, but the bottom line was that having vick would have made us a better football team. the guy is undeniably talented, even if he's a stupid thug.

yeah, but the bottom line was that having vick would have made us a better football team. the guy is undeniably talented, even if he's a stupid thug.
    Agreed. Even though I don't like Vick as an every down quarterback, his playmaking ability is unreal. Go watch some of his highlights on youtube and remember just how ridiculously insane some of his best plays were. I watched some tape of him today and it blew my mind. Not bad for $1M this year.

Of course, only time will tell if Vick to the Eagles works out, but just think of all the potential offensive weapons they have now in Westbrook, McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Curtis, and Vick. This is the first time Donovan McNabb has had this many toys to play with. Hopefully this experiment will fail so I won't have to regret the Ravens decision not to sign Vick.
    Last edited by willy72480; 08-13-2009 at 10:36 PM.