Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Preseason Opener - Skins

I had sort've knocked Barnes down to my "bubble" players due to the fact that we've got so many locked guys at LB...Ray, JJ, Suggs, Gooden, McClain, Kruger...we really can't carry anymore than 9, so that leaves 3 spots for Ellerbe, Barnes, Ayanbedejo, Phillips, and Burgess.

So if Barnes is a lock too, now you've got 2 spots at max for Ellerbe, Ayanbedejo, Phillips, and Burgess...I'd guess the two most in danger would be Phillips and Burgess.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

As far as Haushcka vs Gano...let's just call this one a slight win for Hauschka, with the next game still being a pretty dead even competition...One game is not enough to win or lose it for either guy.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think the main thing I took away from this game is that the legend of Justin Harper was a dud. Not writing him totally off, but this was very disapointing...mostly in the alligator arms

Hopefully, this was a case of the jitters and he gets it all out tonight.
    I think it was. He did the same thing the day I saw him at camp.

He is getting open, and he can catch the ball. I think he will be a force by the first game.

4. Re: GAME THREAD - Preseason Opener - Skins

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I had sort've knocked Barnes down to my "bubble" players due to the fact that we've got so many locked guys at LB...Ray, JJ, Suggs, Gooden, McClain, Kruger...we really can't carry anymore than 9, so that leaves 3 spots for Ellerbe, Barnes, Ayanbedejo, Phillips, and Burgess.

So if Barnes is a lock too, now you've got 2 spots at max for Ellerbe, Ayanbedejo, Phillips, and Burgess...I'd guess the two most in danger would be Phillips and Burgess.
    i think mcclain is just as much of a bubble guy as barnes. the more i think about it, the less i want ayanbadejo out there in front of some of these young guys. i keep having the vision of him blowing the zone coverage when santonio caught that ball to win the game and can't help but think we'd be better served with an actual LB in there.

Blog Entries

still, think about the fact that we are saying a Pro Bowl LB (on Special Teams) is a bubble player at best...That says something about the caliber of players we have competing here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Oh, he was wild, but that was still as good as he has looked...

A bit better then Beck who also looked potentially competent as a backup.
    Yeah, gotta call it as you see it. Troy Smith looked pretty good tonight. He's not starting, and he even said that. But he has definitely looked better tonight than he has in a while.

Troy actually was VERY gracious in his post-game interview.

My impressions:

Beck> Troy Smith(In this game)... I've always been one to like the accurate passer. Smith was wild or high on alot of throws...

Jayson Foster needs to be looked at hard.. He show explosion and a lil play making ability.. He even showed some ups... Jermaine Lewis anyone?

Cousins.. Needs to tape his fingers together.. No more holding, Like someone posted early.. a back-up OT should be signed.

Harper impressed.. But he needs to be consistent. I wanna see him with Flacco.

Biggest Disappointment?? K.J Garrad. Wasn't he supposed to be a guy always around the ball? I saw him once or twice..

Biggest Surpise?? Antwan Barnes.. Oh yes.. I think he had a man-crush on Colt Brennen.. Cause he was all over him.. Like white girls on NBA Players..

Overall a great game for tonight.. Can't wait to see us agains the Ravens- New York Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    Biggest Surpise?? Antwan Barnes.. Oh yes.. I think he had a man-crush on Colt Brennen.. Cause he was all over him.. Like white girls on NBA Players..
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yeah, gotta call it as you see it. Troy Smith looked pretty good tonight. He's not starting, and he even said that. But he has definitely looked better tonight than he has in a while.

Troy actually was VERY gracious in his post-game interview.
    He said EXACTLY the right things. Methinks he may have had a conversation with his agent IMMEDIATELY before that interview. I hope I am wrong, but those words didn't sound like Troy Smith's thoughts.

He said EXACTLY the right things. Methinks he may have had a conversation with his agent IMMEDIATELY before that interview. I hope I am wrong, but those words didn't sound like Troy Smith's thoughts.
    That definately could be. The interviewer kept goading him with self-serving questions and Smith didn't take the bait. The first words out of his mouth were "Today's not about Troy Smith, its about the team". And "Joe Flacco is the starter, without question."

Someone must have said something to him. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel#52 View Post
    My impressions:

Beck> Troy Smith(In this game)... I've always been one to like the accurate passer. Smith was wild or high on alot of throws...
    I'm not ready to go that far. Smith looked much more comfortable in the huddle and runnign the offense. I agree, int he pocket Beck is superior, and by midseason or before, In my estimation, he would be a better option with the first unit offensive line.;

I'm not ready to go that far. Smith looked much more comfortable in the huddle and runnign the offense. I agree, int he pocket Beck is superior, and by midseason or before, In my estimation, he would be a better option with the first unit offensive line.;
    While I think Troy should be the number 2. I think Beck had a much better game. Beck looks like he could be a starter some where. His pass to Harper (that was called back on a penalty) was perfectly placed. He is very accurate
    but doesn't have great arm strength