Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: GAME THREAD - Preseason Opener - Skins

Justin Harper NEEDS to work on his consistency and QUICK.

He's shown he can be a good WR for us, but if he catches about 50% of what's thrown to him, he'll never make it on the field for us. Shoot, FIGURS might beat him on the depth chart.

Washington looks great for us, he'll be a nice contributor on offense...I'd still like to look at a vet cut WR at the end of TC, unless Harper can step up his game

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Harper misses another one he should have had on a nice pass from Beck.

Me thinks he heard foot steps and took his eye off the ball.
    Sounds like the spirit of Clarence Moore is alive and well in Baltimore...:grbac:

Blog Entries

What's the impression of Ellerbe tonight? I've seen him in a lot of plays, but doesn't look like he's made a ton of plays on his own...more just around the ball a lot.

4. Re: GAME THREAD - Preseason Opener - Skins

is it me or is jayson foster a better, manlier version of figurs??

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    is it me or is jayson foster a better, manlier version of figurs??
    No I was just thinking the same thing.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

what he lacks in height, he makes up for with his speed and agility...I had written him off for a roster spot, but with Marcus Smith potentially out, he could have a shot, especially making plays like that.

Figurs would not have been caught.

Nice play though form the lil slap.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Justin Harper NEEDS to work on his consistency and QUICK.

He's shown he can be a good WR for us, but if he catches about 50% of what's thrown to him, he'll never make it on the field for us. Shoot, FIGURS might beat him on the depth chart.
    Yeah, but he did catch a nice TD pass tonight. That will count for something.

Who is this Jason Foster cat?? He had a NICE 64 yard catch and run, in among a couple catches here.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yeah, but he did catch a nice TD pass tonight. That will count for something.
    Not much. He did not have a good handle on that ball and it was in the end zone, right in his lap.

I was disappointed in Harper tonight. And in Figurs. And in M. Smith, too, though that may now be moot. C'mon, one of you cats please step up!
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Barnes and McClain are missing a lot of sacks, but coming off the ball with some serious burst.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    What's the impression of Ellerbe tonight? I've seen him in a lot of plays, but doesn't look like he's made a ton of plays on his own...more just around the ball a lot.
    He flat out flew down to the ball on the opening kickoff. I have seen him around the ball a few times which is always good.

My impressions thus far:
    -All the quarterbacks look good. We have been pass heavy throughout the game, but I believe Cam said that was going to be his intention for evaluation or some other reason.
    -WR has been shaky. Demetrius and Kelly both looked good when they were out there, Justin and Marcus continued to be up and down. The other recievers are now in and Jason Foster just made a nice long run after the catch.
    -I am excited to see the running game get going. Both Ray and Willis showed flashes more then once. The screens and passes to the flats working effectively to start the game were good to see.
    -Oneil Cousins does not look too good playing the majority of the game in place of Gaither. Couple of holdings and I believe he was beat a couple times...unfortunately I won't have a DVR copy to watch because Comcast stinks. Oher looks DOMINANT.

The defense is as advertised. I can't decide if the play in the opening drive for the deadskins that was wide open was broken coverage or just how the coverage played out because it looked like the safeties were in deep cover 2 with foxworth taking coverage in the middle of the field by design...either or we cannot afford that to happen. Otherwise it has been solid, and they are pitching a shutout as of this posting so no complaints as they are just harassing Brennan.

Blog Entries

I'm not dissapointed in Harper, but if he wants to make the team, he needs to step up consistency.

Tell you what, I can't write Antwaan Barnes off this team anymore. He has been milliseconds away from sacks at least 3-4 times tonight, looks REAL dominating. This LB corps will have some tough cuts...