Thursday Tailgating

Attn: former Lot J gang - what time are people showing up tomorrow and is anyone bringing a grill or just picking up their own food?

Also could MistaT re-post directions to the new lot here please?

Looking forward to it!

Wink Re: Thursday Tailgating

Too hot for grilling! I hope to get up around 4:30ish to try to bring some order to everyone trying to squeeze in the first time. It should be amusing, like a Three Stooges movie.

Directions? I'll do my best.

It is located at Peach and West Streets. This intersection is about 75' east of Sharp Street, which borders Lot H, running north-south. West Street runs east-west and is parallel to and between Ostend and Hamburg Streets (which border the stadium).

If you are using a GPS or mapping software destination, use 150 W West St, Baltimore, MD 21230. That is the address for the Sharp-Leadenhall Elementary School, directly across the street.

This should be a street level view from Google:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=18&iwloc=addr

If you are coming to the stadium via I-83, exit right at either Fayette or Lombard, then left on St.Paul/Light Street. Past the Science Center about 6 blocks, turn right at Cross, go about 8 blocks, then left at Leadenhall, then right at West. The lot will be on your left at the corner of West and Peach. To return, you can take West one-way all the way to Light.

If you are coming from the south, via I-95, exit Russell Street, or via MD 295 BW Parkway, it becomes Russell Street. Take first or second right after the I-95/MD 295 interchange, onto Haynes or Bayard Street. One block, turn left on Warner. Approx 1/2 mile, pass Lot J on the right, surrounded by a black wrought Iron fence, turn right on Stockholm, then wind left as it becomes Sharp Street. Two blocks, turn right on West Street, go about 50' or so to enter lot on the right, just before Peach Street.

If you are coming from the south via MD 2, stay on Hanover until intersecting with West Street. Turn left, go three blocks, turn left just past Peach Street.

I don't really know how to get there via I-95 south. You could take I-395 north towards the B&O Warehouse, turn right at Conway, right at Light, then follow I-83 directions per above. But there's likely a shorter route using Key Highway or Hanover Street -- I just never traverse that section of highway. Do we have anyone who comes down via I-95 since Admin Steve quit the group?
    Last edited by Mista T; 08-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: Thursday Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    If you are coming from the south, via I-95, exit Russell Street, or via MD 295 BW Parkway, it becomes Russell Street. Take first or second right after the I-95/MD 295 interchange, onto Haynes or Bayard Street. One block, turn left on Warner. Approx 1/2 mile, pass Lot J on the right, surrounded by a black wrought Iron fence, turn right on Stockholm, then wind left as it becomes Sharp Street. Two blocks, turn right on West Street, go about 50' or so to enter lot on the right, just before Peach Street.
    How many blocks past Ostend St. is this before you take the right hand turn on West St.?
    Doesn't this take you up in front of the vendors selling shirts and stuff?

Can't you just take a right on Ostend off of Stockholm (corner where Hilti Building is), and then turn left onto one of the side streets right there and take it up to West St. ?

Not sure what time we're getting there.
    Hopefully by 6:30 or so.

Kind of gotta get off work, truck up here to northeastern Carroll county, shower, change, etc., pick up the Mrs. and then fight the rush hour traffic to get down there.

Weekday night games suck!!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Wink Re: Thursday Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    How many blocks past Ostend St. is this before you take the right hand turn on West St.?
    One small block.

Doesn't this take you up in front of the vendors selling shirts and stuff?
    Yes.

Can't you just take a right on Ostend off of Stockholm (corner where Hilti Building is), and then turn left onto one of the side streets right there and take it up to West St. ?
    I think you are confusing Stockholm (which runs east-west, aparllel to Ostend) with Sharp (runs north-south, intersecting with Ostend at the Hilti building). There are a few streets parallel to Sharp: Peach Street (just an alley) is one-way south, and the next two street parallel (Leadenhall and Race) were both closed to traffic due to construction. Then Hanover.

btw, Fanatic, leaving the stadium area shortly after games , I recommend you mitigate congestion by taking West to Hanover, turn right, go about a mile, and get up on I-95 via illegal u-turn or the legal jug handle turn at the foot of the Hanover Street Bridge. We should be ahead of the gazillion vehicles trying to leave Lot H at the same time.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Was hoping to make it home for the Jets game, but I'll have to wait for Game 2 in San Diego to see the Purple and Black in live and glorious action, I guess...

Let me know if you're flying out for that one, Ted...

Thanks T!

Last minute dental issue -- I will be late, coming via Light rail after 5 pm. Don't offer alcohol to Mrs T, who should arrive before me -- she can't hold her liquor!

Aren't there any LOT O spots available?