Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: The Righteous Winds are Blowing

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What's the price of Tea in China?

In case you didn't know, I have NO IDEA whatsoever why you are aasking that?

I am a healthy citizen far short of retirement age
    Yght have been born in Kenya. Oops! Zanzibar!

Re: The Righteous Winds are Blowing

Quote Originally Posted by SoBoNut View Post
    Yght have been born in Kenya. Oops! Zanzibar!
    No, born in the USA... I was BOOOOOOORRRRNNNNN in the USA....

I'm not running for president either, but if I were I'd paste it on my forehead if that's what people wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What's the price of Tea in China?

In case you didn't know, I have NO IDEA whatsoever why you are aasking that?

I am a healthy citizen far short of retirement age
    In every Deather there is a Birther as easily tooled.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    This is a pretty good Op-Ed from John Mackey, Co-Founder and CEO of Whole Foods....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...072865070.html
    while I don't have much of a problem with his 8 suggestions here is where my eyes roll;

While we clearly need health-care reform, the last thing our country needs is a massive new health-care entitlement that will create hundreds of billions of dollars of new unfunded deficits and move us much closer to a government takeover of our health-care system.

How many times does Obama have to say no plan will be signed by him that is not deficit neutral? Stop the fucking deficit scare tactics!

Instead, we should be trying to achieve reforms by moving in the opposite direction—toward less government control and more individual empowerment

ie...corporate profits. Healthcare should be not for profit.

Looks like Mr. Mackey mght have some empty aisles a this Oped flows through the veins of those who mostly shop his stores - the progressives

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/foru...yCurrentPage=0

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    while I don't have much of a problem with his 8 suggestions here is where my eyes roll;

While we clearly need health-care reform, the last thing our country needs is a massive new health-care entitlement that will create hundreds of billions of dollars of new unfunded deficits and move us much closer to a government takeover of our health-care system.

How many times does Obama have to say no plan will be signed by him that is not deficit neutral? Stop the fucking deficit scare tactics!

Instead, we should be trying to achieve reforms by moving in the opposite direction—toward less government control and more individual empowerment

Looks like Mr. Mackey mght have some empty aisles a this Oped flows through the veins of those who mostly shop his stores - the progressives

Because the man is literally incapable of telling the truth.
    I'll give you 10 to 1 odds that if this bill is passed in any way, it is a defecit increasing effect that is clearly noticable within three years.

Why are you so afraid of profits? Do you want Oby to come tell you that you need to lower your prices at yoru head shrinking clinic becuase you made a profit last year? Profits are rewards from your customers for doing business well.
    Profits < Government wastefullness.
    Government can't effectively run anything defecit neutral. IN this case, they aren't even planning to try. But they will tell you they are.

But don't worry guys, the costs won't fall on the tax-paying, young working class. Trust him. Oby is goign to steal all of our money back from the rich insurance companies and pay for the whole countries healhcare forever with that money.

Honestly, i expect the trifecta. Increased costs to average consumers, decreased level of care(waiting lists, reduced testing, etc) and enourmous ammounts of public debt. There will be significantly more fraud, "lost money" and the kind of job security and budgeting style that encourages laziness and wastefullness. It's what the government does best.

Blog Entries

Really? Do you believe everything someone in Government tells you or do you just listen to those who have a (D) next to their name? I find it amazing that someone whose so "enlightened" would fall for anything that Obama says, much less anybody in upper government. He is gonna say what people want to hear and thats that.

What I really want to know is whether or not his Liberal/Progressive/Democrat/Enlightened workers will quit their jobs and give up their 100% employer paid healthcare programs based on principle alone because their boss is against Obamacare? Or will they talk a good game but continue to enjoy what they are given by that said boss? Hmmmmmm......I bet some of them are KosKids or active bloggers and will flame away (just like the anonymous posters on the Whole Foods website) but continue to shop and/or work at Whole Foods. Whats that called Galen, when people talk out their feelings but continue living the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Really? Do you believe everything someone in Government tells you or do you just listen to those who have a (D) next to their name? I find it amazing that someone whose so "enlightened" would fall for anything that Obama says, much less anybody in upper government. He is gonna say what people want to hear and thats that.
    whats the difference between me believing what Obama is saying until I have evidence that he is not being truthful AND you believing everything the right wing corporate noise machine is saying? Somehow you seem to believe your allegience has more merit than mine?

I believe in human compassion which includes healthcare for all. You believe in how much money you have. I will take my allegience any day of the week until I have reason to believe otherwise.

Blog Entries

whats the difference between me believing what Obama is saying until I have evidence that he is not being truthful AND you believing everything the right wing corporate noise machine is saying? Somehow you seem to believe your allegiance has more merit than mine?
    I've read the Bill and I know whats true and whats not......I don't need the "right wing corporate noise machine" to tell me what to say and think.

I believe in human compassion which includes healthcare for all. You believe in how much money you have. I will take my allegience any day of the week until I have reason to believe otherwise.
    Yup, thats right......making assumptions again huh? I thought you were better than that?

I don't have a problem with Healthcare for all, but the recipient needs to pay for it one way or another.....why anyone thinks it should be free is beyond me?!?