Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Steelers new Coach is..(drumroll please)

PR,

No one is being hostile. I just get a little tired of hearing about this shit. See Losac.

The people who need to be taught a lesson on diversity are the ones that are constantly caught up with race. You know, the ones that are constantly pandering to one side, creating racial quotas, things of that nature.

Don't insult my intelligence by telling ME that I need a "lesson in diversity".

PR is referencing something that is being brought up all over the media, and I reacted the way I did because I'm SO tired of hearing this shit. It's so unbelievably ignorant and stupid.

When will people understand that the moment you stop making race an issue, it will STOP being an issue! Or, the popular solution is to feel guilty, create racial quotas, and promote a minority like they are the most important thing in the universe.

A lot of it comes back to Affirmative Action. If everyone is truly equal, the playing field will be leveled. To create a place of equality, race won't be thought about. It won't be an issue. But these "progessives" and morons in the media think that by CONSTANTLY talking about how many blacks are head coaches, how we need more black coaches, and how there are two black HC's in the SB, that racial diversity will be promoted.

What if I came out and said we need more white players? Where are all the white RB's and CB's? Huh? Maybe we should start ramming that shit down people's throats? You know why people don't? Because the best of the best of these positions happen to be black? Who gives a shit? I don't.

People really need to get off this shit.

Well said Lboogy.

And festivus, I don't think his original post about the AFCN coaches is extreme or promoting quotas, but why is it "amazing" or deserving of kudos as he said? Could it be a coincidence? At the time they were hired, hopefully the owners thought that person was the best man for the job and that's how they got their respective jobs. Why should their skin color even be mentioned? They aren't even elite coaches. Crennel has done nothing in Cleveland, and Marvin Lewis can't keep any team discipline whatsoever and has managed one winning season in 4 years. Tomlin is completely unknown at this point.

Yes, 3 black coaches in the division. Great. But show me what they do on the field instead of constantly touting their skin color as some badge of accomplishment. If they suck, fire them and hire someone who can do the job better, whether he is white, black, or from Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    If they suck, fire them and hire someone who can do the job better, whether he is white, black, or from Mars.
    Well, look at Art Shell, who is both black *and* from Mars, and he got himself fired! :)

I agree performance on the field is the most important part, no question.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    It looks like a couple of you posters need a course or two in DIVERSITY. In order for there to be unity, you have to respect differences.

"Why are people still referencing race?" Because there are various ethnicities and cultures and religious beliefs in this country.

Bottomline, this is a historical occurrence, and the fact that it ignites hostility and a negative response shows why this country will always be divided.
    However, there will, hopefully, come a time when it doesn't matter, and then, it WON"T MATTER! and that is obviously the goal! For some,it still matters, and that IS a shame! as big a shame as that it EVER mattered. My grandfather , who was born in 1896, told me when I was 10 (1964) "The world will never be at peace until we are all the same color." At that time, I'm not sure I knew what he meant, but I was very aware it was extremely profound!
    We talk of the progress we've made, but IMHO, we are lightyears behind where we should be! What part of human being don't some people understand?
    During WW2, the general populace of this "great" country considered the Japanese an inferior race, (to say it kindly) How wrong is that? Why, then, at some point did not a light bulb go off in our collective conscience, and it become obvious that color, or size, or shape is immaterial?
    The real key is that racism is not inherent, it is taught! Mainly by inferior people who needed it to feel good about themselves! It was taught to children, ingrained upon them like church principles, which take a major exorcism to remove one's self from, and therein lies the biggest problem! AND, the greatest shame! That we, as a country, the greatest country on earth, if you listen to US, created, and burdened the future with this menace!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Noting that 3 of 4 AFCN coaches are black isn't a big deal but I do get why some are turned off by the topic.

When are we going to STOP recognizing racial differences? The recognition is now doing more to divide than the actual racism which for the most part is dead among those in charge. Yes, I know, there are plenty of rednecks in placeds like Dumbfuck, MS but these cats have less power than they have teeth and they are missing a good number of their choppers.

The representation of blacks in the NFL HC ranks is something that is and has been going on in industry for a while. Racism among whites against blacks is something that is just about dead. At least in the work place.

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    PR,

No one is being hostile. I just get a little tired of hearing about this shit. See Losac.

The people who need to be taught a lesson on diversity are the ones that are constantly caught up with race. You know, the ones that are constantly pandering to one side, creating racial quotas, things of that nature.

Don't insult my intelligence by telling ME that I need a "lesson in diversity".

PR is referencing something that is being brought up all over the media, and I reacted the way I did because I'm SO tired of hearing this shit. It's so unbelievably ignorant and stupid.

When will people understand that the moment you stop making race an issue, it will STOP being an issue! Or, the popular solution is to feel guilty, create racial quotas, and promote a minority like they are the most important thing in the universe.

A lot of it comes back to Affirmative Action. If everyone is truly equal, the playing field will be leveled. To create a place of equality, race won't be thought about. It won't be an issue. But these "progessives" and morons in the media think that by CONSTANTLY talking about how many blacks are head coaches, how we need more black coaches, and how there are two black HC's in the SB, that racial diversity will be promoted.

What if I came out and said we need more white players? Where are all the white RB's and CB's? Huh? Maybe we should start ramming that shit down people's throats? You know why people don't? Because the best of the best of these positions happen to be black? Who gives a shit? I don't.

People really need to get off this shit.
    1. Do you even know what diversity is? Have you had a training on diversity? If not, you ought to and if so, you need a refresher course.

2. You are hostile about this. You can read it in your response that you have a hostility when it comes to this subject.

Again, I mention that 3 out of 4 of the AFC North head coaches are African American and you guys just turned into a lynch mob.

It is interesting because it shows how far the NFL has come as it pertains to diversity (looks like some of you guys have to catch up). I say kuddos, because these guys are showing African American children that they can have a future in football as more than a player, and that they have a future as a head coach and a GM.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Noting that 3 of 4 AFCN coaches are black isn't a big deal but I do get why some are turned off by the topic.

When are we going to STOP recognizing racial differences? The recognition is now doing more to divide than the actual racism which for the most part is dead among those in charge. Yes, I know, there are plenty of rednecks in placeds like Dumbfuck, MS but these cats have less power than they have teeth and they are missing a good number of their choppers.

The representation of blacks in the NFL HC ranks is something that is and has been going on in industry for a while. Racism among whites against blacks is something that is just about dead. At least in the work place.
    Again, it convenient that in this instance we must "stop recognizing racial differences." I bet you guys recognize it when it comes to negative statistics concerning African American males and prison, or A.A. males and criminal activity, or any negative topic you want to discuss as it pertains to African Americans. Once there is something positive and good to link African American males, we must "stop recognizing racial differences."

I am not accusing anyone, but this is rather interesting.

The fact that one statement of FACT is made can lead to this kind of hostility is why America will always be divided and vulnerable. It's sad.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I bet you guys recognize it when it comes to negative statistics concerning African American males and prison, ...
    Uh, I don't bring up those statistics, usually race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson do. I don't give a damn what a guy's skin color is, if he is in prison for committing a violent act I want him to stay there.

By the way, I happen to believe prison rates reflect a cultural problem, not a racial one. The whites in prison grow up in cultures very similar to the ones blacks in prison grew up in.

Or let me put it this way, ALTHOUGH YOU OBVIOUSLY ASSUME that I think race causes somebody to be a criminal (based on your take of how you think I would view it), I don't. I know culture and upbringing are the cause, not skin color.

Once there is something positive and good to link African American males, ...
    The problem you are having is I didn't take issue with your post or noting the number of blacks that are NFL HCs. I posted why others did take issue, at least as I see it.

Oddly, I didn't even think of the skin color of any of these coaches until I read your take. I THINK THAT IS A LOT MORE POSITIVE THAN HOW MANY NFL COACHES THERE ARE. You see, that the average white guy doesn't notice color is more important than how many black guys have managed to excel as football coaches. At least I think it is.

1. Do you even know what diversity is? Have you had a training on diversity? If not, you ought to and if so, you need a refresher course.

2. You are hostile about this. You can read it in your response that you have a hostility when it comes to this subject.

Again, I mention that 3 out of 4 of the AFC North head coaches are African American and you guys just turned into a lynch mob.

It is interesting because it shows how far the NFL has come as it pertains to diversity (looks like some of you guys have to catch up). I say kuddos, because these guys are showing African American children that they can have a future in football as more than a player, and that they have a future as a head coach and a GM.
    I've been through this crap with you on more than one occasion, and I don't have a desire to do it again. You're stubborn on the matter.

Training on diversity? Are you serious? Are you implying that I'm somehow racist and ignorant because I don't advocate social promotion and the constant discussion of race? Do I know what diversity is? Isn't it an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era?

And quit acting so innocent on the matter. Yes, your comment may not have warranted this type of reaction, but the implications of it are quite annoying. To be surprised that your comment elicited this type of response is nieve to say the least.

I'm tired of being bombarded with racial issues. The constant discussion of "diversity" perpetuates racial divides. To not see that is beyond me.

Sure, black kids see these guys as being coaches, great. Good for them. Maybe they shouldn't be so concerned with becoming a professional athlete in the first place, and their parents can stress education first.

Blacks can do anything anyone else can do. There shouldn't be a difference. They don't need affirmative action and pandering from guilty liberals to achieve things in life. You should read Thomas Sowell. Hell, look him up on Wikipedia and you might learn something.

EDIT: Rack Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Uh, I don't bring up those statistics, usually race hustlers like Sharpton and Jackson do. I don't give a damn what a guy's skin color is, if he is in prison for committing a violent act I want him to stay there.

By the way, I happen to believe prison rates reflect a cultural problem, not a racial one. The whites in prison grow up in cultures very similar to the ones blacks in prison grew up in.

Or let me put it this way, ALTHOUGH YOU OBVIOUSLY ASSUME that I think race causes somebody to be a criminal (based on your take of how you think I would view it), I don't. I know culture and upbringing are the cause, not skin color.

The problem you are having is I didn't take issue with your post or noting the number of blacks that are NFL HCs. I posted why others did take issue, at least as I see it.

Oddly, I didn't even think of the skin color of any of these coaches until I read your take. I THINK THAT IS A LOT MORE POSITIVE THAN HOW MANY NFL COACHES THERE ARE. You see, that the average white guy doesn't notice color is more important than how many black guys have managed to excel as football coaches. At least I think it is.

1. I think you meant to say that the prison rates correlate to social economic status, and you are correct.

2. With due respect, it would not have value to caucasions that the two SB coaches are African American, because it does not have a direct effect on your specific culture. This is a proud moment for African Americans and America at large.

3. How did a statement of 3 out of 4 AFC North HCs being African American, turn into this?

4. To say that you don't notice the color of a person's skin is the same a saying you don't notice that women have boobs and men don't. There is nothing wrong with being different. That is what America is all about and you know that. I don't desire all the HC in the NFL to be African American anymore than I want them to be all white.

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    I've been through this crap with you on more than one occasion, and I don't have a desire to do it again. You're stubborn on the matter.

Training on diversity? Are you serious? Are you implying that I'm somehow racist and ignorant because I don't advocate social promotion and the constant discussion of race? Do I know what diversity is? Isn't it an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era?

And quit acting so innocent on the matter. Yes, your comment may not have warranted this type of reaction, but the implications of it are quite annoying. To be surprised that your comment elicited this type of response is nieve to say the least.

I'm tired of being bombarded with racial issues. The constant discussion of "diversity" perpetuates racial divides. To not see that is beyond me.

Sure, black kids see these guys as being coaches, great. Good for them. Maybe they shouldn't be so concerned with becoming a professional athlete in the first place, and their parents can stress education first.

Blacks can do anything anyone else can do. There shouldn't be a difference. They don't need affirmative action and pandering from guilty liberals to achieve things in life. You should read Thomas Sowell. Hell, look him up on Wikipedia and you might learn something.

EDIT: Rack Greg.
    In other words, minorities annoy you. In your opinion, America should be all one color since diversity annoys you. That's all you had to say. All you had to do was ignore the thread if you don't like the subject.

In other words, minorities annoy you. In your opinion, America should be all one color since diversity annoys you. That's all you had to say. All you had to do was ignore the thread if you don't like the subject.
    Minorities annoy me? Diversity annoys me? Are you that dense? I guess this is your way of conceding.

I see people as people. Period.

To sum it up, I'm annoyed because I'm tired of the pandering. I don't know how that equates to being annoyed by minorties, but you can think whatever you want. I don't believe in giving one group of people special attention because of their race/sex/whatever. Sorry.
    Last edited by LBoogy; 01-23-2007 at 06:15 PM.