Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Trade Mike Anderson To The Jets

Would trade him if we could get a high quality offensive lineman. Still think that this is the achilles heel of the team.

Wonder if Billick praising Flynn when McNair got sacked on a running play?

I'll take a veteran 1000 yard back anyday until it is "rebuild" time. He came from a three back system, so I don't think he would have a problem being a #3. Especially since it is likely he will have fullback duties.

I would say he could have no problem putting his ego aside for a ring. Most of the vets we have are here for that.
    SS

Keep in mind that Musa Smith is also big on special teams too. So being the number 3 RB is a good thing because then we can use Smith where he's been effective as well as a nice 3rd string "not this guy too" kind of back.

Musa is way to important to trade, but because of his need on ST, Mike Anderson is needed too.

On Rob Long's Show, Rob taked about interviewing Mike Anderson and that MA did not expect us to retain Jamal. MA thought he would be the featured back. He may not publicly have an issue with being the 3rd RB, but you have to wonder what he truly feels deep down. Again, the last thing we need is another disgruntled player.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

There were 2 guys on that cold pizza show earlier this week discussing the Ravens RB's. One guy who is in the know somehow, said that teams are calling the Ravens non-stop asking about Musa Smith and even Jamal Lewis. The guy quoted Ozzie as saying "we're not moving either one unless some team does something stupid" Stupid meaning offer up a #1 pick or a big time player. No mention of Anderson which I thought was kind of strange.

If Brian Billick really said that, then the stupidity begins right there. If a team is eager enough to trade say, a number one draft choice, or even a top-notch offfensive tackle (which we badly need-our T depth is non-existent) then we ought to be paying attention, not calling names.

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida
    If Brian Billick really said that........
    I don't see where anyone said Billick said anything?

As far as trading Anderson goes, I have to agree - only if someone overwhelms us. You've got to remember that this team is built to win now, and even a 3rd rounder next year does us no good right now. And, if Jamal and Musa somehow did get hurt, that 3rd rounder would really be doing us no good.

Don't get me wrong, all things being equal, I'd love to get a decent draft pick for Anderson, but not knowing what will happen from here on out makes me a bit gun-shy.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I think we should hold on to MA this year and possibly deal him this offseason. This way we can see what we have with Jamal and Musa. This gives us the option of:

Going with Jamal and MA if Musa doesnt turn out.

Going in a new direction with Musa, decide if MA or Jamal will be backup.

If Musa doesnt pan out and Jamal doesnt either, then we have MA signed for 2-3 more years.

If we were going to trade him before the season we should wait until a teamloses a RB for the year. Then we rip 'em off.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

If both Musa and Jamal are healthy and productive, then we can deal MA at the deadline to someone who lost someone for the year.

I've turned into a huge Musa fan, so much so that if Lewis starts to slump I say Start Musa

turned into a huge Musa fan, so much so that if Lewis starts to slump I say Start Musa

I agree. If Jamal starts dancing again, he should be yanked as the starter. THough, given what we have seen so far, I don't see that happening.

As others have said, baring a silly offer, I don't see an upside to trading MA. He adds excellent depth and is still a beast inside the 5.

Angry Re: Trade Mike Anderson To The Jets

Even after the win vs vs the Eagles I think it is WAY too early to consider trading Mike Anderson. Has Musa looked great...yes. But this guy has barely played in almost 2 years. Keeping Anderson as the #2 is still the way to go..esp when it looks like PJ Daniels might get cut.

We know the Jets are looking for a RB, but if you make a trade it I think it needs to be for a starter that can contribute this year. I don't like the idea of trading a proven starter for a draft pick that could be a total bust.

FM